Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our players arnt as good as we think, I see.more talent in Brighton's players
On paper we've a talented squad, but what I think is the difference with a lot of the other teams and Everton appears to be a total lack of, will to win, desire or pride in their work. I said it before it's the worst team I've seen for us, but nowhere near the worst group of footballers.

I was made up with the effort put in today and gray and Gordon look fantastic. We just need to get through this season unscathed and next season if Rafael gets the right signings we could be in for a real good season
Eh?

Five at the back at home and conceded easily?

Coleman at Right back and Digne on the bench. wtf???

Im sorry but there is no defending that today. Im out.

Nobody makes excuses for the manager?!

£1.7m
Hasn't got his own players
Injuries
Players down tools
Brand.
The medical staff
Too many games
Too few games

Nothing but excuses, he's apparently not responsible for one thing at the club.

We played five at the back. Against Brighton and Hove Albion. At home.
Oh aye yeah, I remember you reeling this list off back in November actually...

I've had a few too many beers to write everything down in an entirely rational and objective manner, but here are my takeaway points from today's debacle.

For a manager who is meant to be defensively minded, we were once again all over the place from the outset: five versus Watford; three at Palace; another three.

The decision to play a waning right-back, who needs replacing in his own position, at left back was beyond the pale when you have a left back available.

I shiver every time we concede a corner as we're so susceptible from any decent ball; Kenny and Allan, both small, standing at the front post offering no threat.

To win the flick on for the goal, their player ambled past Allan and they were queueing up at the back, but for the next corner we did the exactly same routine.

I have no issue with zonal defending if it's done properly, but we're not - nowhere near - nor are we actually man marking, instead just lining up aimlessly.

I know we're short on players, but playing Holgate is so infuriating. Doucouré was shockng today, yet he was kept on for the entirety of the game.

Calvert-Lewin was clearly unfit and needs time to get back to fitness, however I can't forgive anyone for not even putting the ball on target. Come on!

And even starting with five at the back, at home, against Brighton, is enough to get the blood boiling, yet he moans when fans questions his choices.

Let's be honest, we were awful for large swathes and any decent team would have put five or six past us with ease. Too many mistakes from too many players.

Status
Not open for further replies.