2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be honest here as well…..the Arsenal victory was a complete fluke.
A last minute worldy from Gray and an awful miss by Nketiah gave us 2 points which looked highly unlikely.

Leicester and Norwich are now 2 must win games.

Would you trust this arse clown to construct a side to beat either, based on results and team selections this season?

No not at all, the criteria is a manager who can be adaptive and know the strengths of the team. Benitez said he did this, knew the team inside out. Clearly not

Benitez thinks he knows best and his arrogance and ego won`t allow him to budge from his default team formation and tactics, even when it`s clear as day, that we don`t have the players to play this way.

This is the difference between a great coach, with the ability to adapt formations / tactics according to the players he has available ( Ancelotti ) and washed up, arrogant, ego driven bullies like Benitez.

Those 2 need a Lee Carsley, someone who reads the danger, breaks it up and gives to someone better. Rinse and repeat

Allan was meant to be that wasn’t he?

No, this what is bizarre. Allan was never a deep lying midfielder at Napoli, he used to press high

He had a sitter behind him

I think Hojbjerg was supposed to be it, but wanted Tottenham then we got Allan instead, who is not quite the same type of player.

Last season we played him as the deepest midfielder too, under Ancelotti. I just don’t rate him at all, think he was an extremely poor signing.

Hojbjerg could have been our 'sitter'.

Allan was used as a DM under Ancelotti at Napoli but wasnt great in that role.

If Benitez wants to play 2 CMs and then a 'support striker' like Richarlison ahead then one CM needs to be box to box and the other a sitter.

However, i wonder if hes just playing Richarlison in that role to accomodate him. We may see a different type join in the summer.

For Benitez, if he gets these 2 full backs + a defensive midfielder i think he'll be safe...still need that centre back as well.

He'll need players in to suit his system. Stubborn to stick to a system which doesnt suit our players.

At least we get rid of alot of dross.

Should be sacked today before any damage is done but wont be because of the absolute bellend of an owner and obsolete board backing to the hilt the worst in every department manager we have had since walker. It actually couldn't be any more Everton.

Not worthy of our support lads.

Benitez thinks he knows best and his arrogance and ego won`t allow him to budge from his default team formation and tactics, even when it`s clear as day, that we don`t have the players to play this way.

This is the difference between a great coach, with the ability to adapt formations / tactics according to the players he has available ( Ancelotti ) and washed up, arrogant, ego driven bullies like Benitez.

There have always been 2 types of manager:

Systems managers = those that are rigidly stuck to a system and only tweak it occasionally.

Personel managers = those that pick a system depending on their players.

I dont think theres a right/wrong way...

Let’s be honest here as well…..the Arsenal victory was a complete fluke.
A last minute worldy from Gray and an awful miss by Nketiah gave us 2 points which looked highly unlikely.

Leicester and Norwich are now 2 must win games.

Would you trust this arse clown to construct a side to beat either, based on results and team selections this season?
The buffoon won't have the sense to pin point games(as if there was,on our form)which are winnable.

Status
Not open for further replies.