Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Neiler Longstaff only ever played nine league games under Benitez mate. He played well but his best form actually came at the start of 19-20, under Bruce, though then he did fall out of favour.

Going of memory mate, so you might have the right of it, it was the winter/spring of 2019 - 18/19 season (im pretty sure of the date as i remember watching a game he was playing very well in at a birthday party) - that is the period i remember his really good form and remember when he picked up a really bad injury with a couple of months to go in the season, am almost certain it was under "our current manager" who gave him a run. Bruce came in the close season the year after -19/20. Longstaff impressed me in that period of Spring 19 so i kind of kept an eye on him - but going from memory - so im open to correction on dates & timelines etc. he wasn't the same under Bruce nor played in the same role, nor were relations between the club and family, - but again going from memory.

Rather get in a young Alan type midfielder. Longstaff, from the little Ive seen seems suspect in tight and on the ground, seems like he needs the space to play well...and we've had plenty of those in recent times.
Can we not just get another quality midfielder to add to Alan and Doucs. Gamble elsewhere.

Depends on how much you dislike Rafael, If you really hate him, Longstaff is a slug, if you can tolerate him, longstaff is average pace, if you like Rafael, Longstaff is lightening. Basically, it all depends on your agenda (or lack of)

Or you could just base it on him being quite slow in reality..

Status
Not open for further replies.