Match Thread FA Cup, Hull City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does every team we play over run us in midfield, even lower league teams, it it simply because our players are not that good and so we have to wait for Rafael to build a new team? Like shearer said, it could take years.

IF their lad puts it in the net instead of hits the post or IF Begovic didn't save any one of the myriad of balls into the box we couldn't deal with we MIGHT have lost that game. Let's not convince ourselves we are better than we are with hypotheticals.
I'll do what I want thanks.

Agree with this. Did he run himself into the ground? Yes. Which I expect from any player.

This is a good example of how our standards have dropped so much, we think a player putting in a shift is something worth shouting about, and especially with someone like Rondon who is so clearly woefully not cut out for regular Premier League football anymore, any positive is exaggerated.
I am no fan but in fairness to him he was in position to score several times and the otherwise excellent, in fact match saving Gray, never saw him as he was focussed on trying to get a shot in.

Because Benitez can't see that a midfield 2 just doesn't work mate.
You are right. Our defending is worse with a back five because no pressure in midfield allows much space and time for the pass. The old adage that the game is won and lost in midfield is still very true. Benitez seems happy to surrender that area.

I don't want another Manager at the moment but he needs to change that.

Why does every team we play over run us in midfield, even lower league teams, it it simply because our players are not that good and so we have to wait for Rafael to build a new team? Like shearer said, it could take years.

I think when we played 523, at the start with just Gomes and Alan in there we did get over run, we played the same forMation against Brighton as well. I don’t think we have the players to play that way. I think we looked better when we went to 433

Status
Not open for further replies.