Match Thread FA Cup, Hull City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Away Record since Moyes (away draws in cup count as draws before penalties)

League 47-46-68
Cup 15-5-11
Total 62-51-79

So, all in all not great - we lose 79/192 or over 40% of our away games.

I’ve been one of his biggest critics, however he did a job today, if nothing else.

He held the ball up, laid it off and at least occupied the centre halves.

However, he still continues to create no threat on goal at all and should’ve been hooked much earlier for Tosun.

Also, he got applause when he came off, so his contribution was acknowledged by the travelling fans.
Nah, Tosun shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Simms has just signed a new deal. Give him some minutes before we loan him out, at least.

Our play is so laboured and lacking in intensity, these players can sense he’s got half a foot out the door, they play like they’re in limbo

In a nutshell this. I can't for the life of me understand it. I get we lack quality but we NEVER take the game to an opponent until its too late. Wait for them to score because we look asleep, then think hang on, best try to do something? But of course by that point it's too much to do usually and the opponent has anticipated our desperation.

Not sure what game you were watching. His movement was awful, pretending to close down and at the most making token 5 yard “runs” here and there. He certainly gave the impression of running himself into the ground but then so would Johnny Vegas if he was asked to jog around for 115 minutes.

Agree with this. Did he run himself into the ground? Yes. Which I expect from any player.

This is a good example of how our standards have dropped so much, we think a player putting in a shift is something worth shouting about, and especially with someone like Rondon who is so clearly woefully not cut out for regular Premier League football anymore, any positive is exaggerated.

Allan MOTM for me, was everywhere, so many interceptions and blocks. Gray was excellent but also frustrating at times, could have killed the game earlier. Job done though ?
Ya same here. Gray was a great outlet and was a thorn in their side but allan was immense and worked his socks off breaking up nearly every one of their plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.