Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll hold judgement till I see him play in a blue shirt. I was fuming that we signed Gray as we’re most and look how that’s turned out.

Looking at the squad then:

LW - Gray, Gordon
RW - El Ghazi, Townsend

ST: DCL, Richarlison, Rondon

Not great but not disastrous either considering our financial situation.

Remember the days of signing Darron Gibson and Magueye Gueye - could be worse.

Looking at the squad then:

LW - Gray, Gordon
RW - El Ghazi, Townsend

ST: DCL, Richarlison, Rondon

Not great but not disastrous either considering our financial situation.

Remember the days of signing Darron Gibson and Magueye Gueye - could be worse.
Those RW options are awful mate, plus El Ghazi plays on the left? It’s genuinely one of the most pointless transfers i have ever seen

I don’t get the issue with this signing in January. Seems to have potential, just hasn’t worked out this season for him. 5 months loan deal with no obligation to buy. 10 goals last season, even if some where penalties.

Really surprised you've taken him off our hands. He almost exclusively can only play on the left of a front three as his main asset is cutting in and shooting off the left flank. He's a very limited player who most Villa fans would have been happy to get £3-6m for if we were to ever sell (which we are it seems).

A bit in shock over this. He's surplus to requirements for us and probably 5th/6th choice in the pecking order for our wide positions and you have decided to stump up £15m for that privilege. Madness.

Best of luck for the rest of the season though - Everton and Villa both great clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.