Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total waste of money, even if he turns out to be as good as our other wide players, there are so many positions where we need to strengthen before squad filler wide men. If this is Benitez’ idea, then god help us, it’s even worse than I thought. If it is Moshiri signing the player over Benitez’ head, as has been suggested, then Benitez really needs to tell him to shove the job.

It’s like watching in slow motion as Benitez and Moshiri, step by step, destroy this club.

I can't think of a more baffling transfer than this. At least Rondon was theoretically cover. Even that guy who came with Li Tie got us a sponsorship deal.
Li Weifeng has feelings too you know?!

1641999034807.jpeg

Really surprised you've taken him off our hands. He almost exclusively can only play on the left of a front three as his main asset is cutting in and shooting off the left flank. He's a very limited player who most Villa fans would have been happy to get £3-6m for if we were to ever sell (which we are it seems).

A bit in shock over this. He's surplus to requirements for us and probably 5th/6th choice in the pecking order for our wide positions and you have decided to stump up £15m for that privilege. Madness.

Best of luck for the rest of the season though - Everton and Villa both great clubs.

We are idiots, that’s why

Enjoy Digne, he is a very good signing for you

They were the good old days when we were actually battling for Europe.

Which shows that its not all about the name of a player / what they cost.

El Ghazi on a loan over some £20+ million waster like Walcott/Rude Boi anyday of the week for me.

I hope its a loan with the view of bringing someone better in the summer but I imagine they'll potentially sign him permanently if he impresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.