• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
New 3rd kit released today
1642272670391.jpeg

58 mins

Post update​

Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd
Lucas Digne continues to impress as he finds himself in space on the left. He goes for goal but drives his shot into the sidenetting.
Nevertheless, Aston Villa are turning up the pressure on the visitors.

How bad is Patterson if he can’t displace Coleman!?
Digne starts for Villa … meanwhile El Gazi can’t get on for a cameo when we are losing to the worst team in the Prem ( bar us ? ) and the manager doesn’t even make 3 changes and we essentially play with 10 for an hour with Rondon on the pitch !?
We are like the Titanic sailing into the iceberg!
we are like the titanic but missing the iceberg, turning around see if we can hit it, miss again, repeat ad infinitum

When my sister texted me in the summer and said “apparently we’re considering Benitez”, I thought surely not. But when it happened, I thought, well we the fans can’t do anything about it, we’ll just have to see how it pans out. So we had a great start and he’d made 2 decent signings. But that today was more or less our strongest team, and tbf much of the mess of the squad is not his fault, but this is getting ridiculous now. We are in a downward out-of-control spiral.
In all honesty, there is enough quality in that squad that any proper coach could get performances out of.
Of all the 'lesser' teams that have turned us over this season, would you truthfully swap our squad for theirs? Not a chance.
This all about selection and formation and tactics and substitutions, and that is all down to one person.
He is the disaster, not the players.

In all honesty, there is enough quality in that squad that any proper coach could get performances out of.
Of all the 'lesser' teams that have turned us over this season, would you truthfully swap our squad for theirs? Not a chance.
This all about selection and formation and tactics and substitutions, and that is all down to one person.
He is the disaster, not the players.

You are right as I have been mooting for some time. With our player a decent manager could get more out of them.

Your post is a very fine one, and one about personal experience. Thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately @mumwasablue, this appointment was a powder keg from the very beginning and unless it was a successful one, there was only ever going to be one ending. Which is happening now.
It's a shame on the players as they are not as bad as painted, but, continually being played out of position in a non-workable formation with utterly stupid tactics can only lead to a bad ending.
This is more about the Coach who is totally out of touch with the Premier and is so obtuse and a control freak that unless changes are made, there is again only one end.
The plan is easily remedied by a simple 'Cause and Effect' analysis, ergo, get rid of the Cause (Benetiz) and the rest is fixable as there is enough in the playing staff to move us up the table.
Simple really, and if actioned, Evertonians and your Mum can feel happy again.

Apologies about the long winded response.
think Everton and Leeds have had the same problem this season Bamford and DCL both injured. It has totally knackered us up, and whether Benitez was using him as a fulcrum to bring the midfield into the game same as Bamford I'm not sure. Newcastle fans loved Benitez just hated Ashley think looking at them now probably regret him leaving.

think Everton and Leeds have had the same problem this season Bamford and DCL both injured. It has totally knackered us up, and whether Benitez was using him as a fulcrum to bring the midfield into the game same as Bamford I'm not sure. Newcastle fans loved Benitez just hated Ashley think looking at them now probably regret him leaving.
We certainly do, because if he was still there, he wouldn't be with us.
They can have him back any time they like. He knows how to relegate them from the Premier, so that is a positive sign.

I mean why not. We made watford look like the harlem globe trotters not long ago.
Norwich have had this fixture circled in the calender for weeks.

I didnt even say that in jest the other day.
I dont follow other teams so i dont know if they have the same thing or say the same thing.
But it was almost guarenteed we would end their run of no goals and no points today.
Im hating Everton right now. Hating.

Status
Not open for further replies.