2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young lad, come from a new country, a slower league, hasnt played in weeks and thrown into that horror show of a defence if you can even call it that. Im amazed he hasnt scored an og and given away 2 pens by now!

He may turn out rubbish, he may turn out great but even a seasoned PL top quality LB would struggle thrown into that so im not going to judge him at all.

He's one of the last in that team people should be criticising

I agree. He should never have been put in a trail by fire because of the circumstances you mentioned.

Setting him up for failure by not easing him in.

Think he’ll be okay once he settles in. Certainly not ready to be thrown in full time, and for that reason alone it sure looks like we overpaid. I’m not that worried about the speed, to me he looks to have at least average quickness. Must be awful having to play next to the least confident and least assured center half in world football.

Thanks very much for your input - genuinely

There are some self-proclaimed scouts here like @Zatara who claim to have watched this player but they clearly know nothing about the Ukraine league as a whole

Show me where i have claimed to have been watching him?

Ive never claimed that.

Also i think @AleksanderTheGreat is wumming...some of their comments are nonsense.

This guy has been linked with a few top European clubs in the past. He's definitely got some pedigree.

Yes and highly rated in the media.

Rough start, but Coleman had a rough start as well. His ability to push through a difficult learning curve will determine his future much more than a first match. He just wasnt done any favors by being forced into the first team right away.

Thought he looked fine yesterday, better defensively and a bit more confident.

Needs to calm down on his crosses, but the only worry is he looks scared to head the ball, looks like he closes his eyes and mistimes it completely. ?

Doesn't play for several weeks, is discussed as not being match fit.

Manager thrown him in for 120 minutes on his first game and then for the 100 minutes in his 2nd game instead of easing him in and building up his fitness and helping him take the time to adapt to what will be a much quicker league.

Not surprised he has made mistakes.

Im hoping its rustiness and language barrier tbh. Bit concerned so far, but as others have mentioned if being managed properly he would be easing into the side rather than thrown in and expected to be up to speed immediately.

Young lad, come from a new country, a slower league, hasnt played in weeks and thrown into that horror show of a defence if you can even call it that. Im amazed he hasnt scored an og and given away 2 pens by now!

He may turn out rubbish, he may turn out great but even a seasoned PL top quality LB would struggle thrown into that so im not going to judge him at all.

He's one of the last in that team people should be criticising

Like Coleman and Rondon he clearly shouldn't be playing right now but all 3 of them are so their performances are inevitably going to be judged.

You'd hope he'll be taken out of the firing line over the next few weeks but no guarantees if we get injuries or Covid cases.

Show me where i have claimed to have been watching him?

Ive never claimed that.

Also i think @AleksanderTheGreat is wumming...some of their comments are nonsense.

Yes and highly rated in the media.
I’d rather listen to someone who lives in Ukraine and knows the Ukraine league than some rando like you posting tripe from your mums basement. Because a) he sounds legit and b) his views chime in with what we’ve seen of the lad.

You claimed he was going to be boss after the Hull game ffs.

You’re @Theoneandonly with a few more words

In two games, he has more than held his own.

To come into this squad at this time with that manager with Keane and Coleman in the backline, I think most players would struggle.

He needs time for us to judge but hey we are Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.