Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going down the interim till the summer route, after Ferguson (I'd imagine), I would like to see us go for Ernesto Valverde. He's done well at Athletic Bilbao and Español. Won titles in Greece with Olympiakos and done well at Valencia and Barcelona when they were in basket case mode.
Was always popular with his players, staff and the media. Basically, the antithesis of Benitez (Mourinho). Had his teams playing nice football but is not stubborn.
If it's true that Moshiri was looking for someone to simply guide the club through a rocky period till the stadium was ready, he would have been a far better choice than Benitez.

He's been out of work since Being sacked by Barcelona (unfairly imo) but I'm pretty sure it's from personal choice. He won't have lacked offers.

I've no idea if he'd be up for a 'project' at another basket case club.

I've no idea if there is a 'project'.

I've no idea about anything really.
Has no PL experience and that seems to be the main criteria for Everton

I think he’s probably well aware of his previous shortcomings, and will have something in place to rectify them.

That said, it’s a no from me. He did well when he injected some much needed youthful attacking talent into Moyes well drilled but overly cautious side, soon as the Moyes effect wore off it went to pot though.

For me, the main 2 strikes against Martinez are his absolutely woeful signings, he didn’t understand the level of player it took to play at Everton, he signed some absolutely awful, awful players. The fact he ever thought they could make the grade here, or the premier league will always sit strangely with me and I’m not sure I wanna go there again.

Secondly, the fan base has already turned. Everton’s fanbase, whether people like it or not , ultimately are a hamstring to the manager, we turn too quickly and we are too loud with our criticism, Martinez, much like Rafael, would have his back to the wall far too early due to what’s happened in the past. 2 losses and he’s toast.

It has to be Ferguson for the time being because of that very reason, Ferguson is probably the only person I can think of at this point that won’t result in Goodison being liable to be the 12th man for the opposition after a couple of games.
Ferguson for the season a terrible idea, he was good for 2 games then the team completely ran out of steam and ideas. Good coach but not a manager, not for me

We need someone who can at least organise us and make us tough to beat, we are too weak and easy to score against. To be honest i think almost anyone could do better than Benitez at the moment. I would take either Unsworth or Ferguson to the end of the season if it meant we could get someone new in then. It’s a terrible situation though, another manager, they are gonna come in and do their own assessment of the squad and try and get a load in and a load out. It’s a horrible cycle we are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.