Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering he was sacked by Swansea for constantly applying for every PL job that came available I am sure he would want our job.

Done well so far with Forest but way too big a risk for me

We got Moyes from the lower league so maybe that a lucky charm. He would be a less risk then Rooney and Lampard.

Let’s get through the season and manage the stay up that’s the absolute priority, then we can think about where we go from there . This experiment might still and at the very least nearly relegated us, its been disastrous and anyone that thought it wouldn’t be like this from the boardroom to the terraces is frankly deluded .

Duncan will at least galvanise what we’ve got , in terms of on and off the pitch and we can hopefully limp over the line . It won’t be easy mind the damage cuts deep and will take some repair and if we go down certainly won’t be on him but on the owner and this ridiculous appointment. If we can survive we can hopefully reassess in the summer , if things continue to go badly then we’ll maybe have to go with what we’ve got .

I’ve stopped being hurt by this managerial decision and I’m now extremely angry and I don’t see it changing .

Martinez..doesn’t have a fitness coach
Moyes last season at Everton 4 hamstring injuries
Martinez over 100 hamstring injuries

Doesn’t practice defending set prices

I think he’s probably well aware of his previous shortcomings, and will have something in place to rectify them.

That said, it’s a no from me. He did well when he injected some much needed youthful attacking talent into Moyes well drilled but overly cautious side, soon as the Moyes effect wore off it went to pot though.

For me, the main 2 strikes against Martinez are his absolutely woeful signings, he didn’t understand the level of player it took to play at Everton, he signed some absolutely awful, awful players. The fact he ever thought they could make the grade here, or the premier league will always sit strangely with me and I’m not sure I wanna go there again.

Secondly, the fan base has already turned. Everton’s fanbase, whether people like it or not , ultimately are a hamstring to the manager, we turn too quickly and we are too loud with our criticism, Martinez, much like Rafael, would have his back to the wall far too early due to what’s happened in the past. 2 losses and he’s toast.

It has to be Ferguson for the time being because of that very reason, Ferguson is probably the only person I can think of at this point that won’t result in Goodison being liable to be the 12th man for the opposition after a couple of games.

We got Moyes from the lower league so maybe that a lucky charm. He would be a less risk then Rooney and Lampard.
Moyes had won the division 2 title and then got to division 1 play off final the season after. So had been pretty impressive with them. It was a punt when we were in relegation scrap.

I dont mind us taking a punt but I don't believe Moshiri will have any understanding of our lower leagues in the slightest.

If Benitez stays (he won't) we go down. Anyone who can get these players playing with passion and get us playing on the front foot gets us safe. We have more than enough talent to stay up.

Big Dunc will give us what we need to finish mid-table and then we can forget this season ever happened.

That gives Moshiri 6 months to get the club structure sorted. CEO, board members, director of football, etc. If Dunc can prove himself, consider keeping him as permanant manager. Let the DofF deal with that.

Apart from getting Dunc in, the rest of it won't happen.

I think we’ve just have to hope that Duncan can put enough fire in the players’ bellies to avoid relegation.
It’s too late for a squad overhaul this season or for major tactical changes to be implemented and taught. We just need some fight now
Then we can look for a new manager. Good ones aren’t available now and we don’t want the sort of mercenary who would walk out of a club half way through a season.
Duncan isn’t good enough to be the new manager and we need better than the Rooneys of this world, but Duncan as caretaker for the rest of the season should hopefully be enough to keep our premier league status.

If Benitez stays (he won't) we go down. Anyone who can get these players playing with passion and get us playing on the front foot gets us safe. We have more than enough talent to stay up.

Big Dunc will give us what we need to finish mid-table and then we can forget this season ever happened.

That gives Moshiri 6 months to get the club structure sorted. CEO, board members, director of football, etc. If Dunc can prove himself, consider keeping him as permanant manager. Let the DofF deal with that.

Moshiri has had nearly 6 years to get the club structure etc sorted the worry is continually making the same mistakes over and over again ,we are basically starting over again
New manager ,a dof ,fitness staff ,medical staff and senior scouting staff

I think we’ve just have to hope that Duncan can put enough fire in the players’ bellies to avoid relegation.
It’s too late for a squad overhaul this season or for major tactical changes to be implemented and taught. We just need some fight now
Then we can look for a new manager. Good ones aren’t available now and we don’t want the sort of mercenary who would walk out of a club half way through a season.
Duncan isn’t good enough to be the new manager and we need better than the Rooneys of this world, but Duncan as caretaker for the rest of the season should hopefully be enough to keep our premier league status.

Yep but he still got the useless players at his disposal.

Mina always injured so he got to play Keane who always a liability
Holgate and Godfrey are not even good cb

Which 3 midfielders cam he play? We don't even have 3 decent cm.

Lucky we are not too bad on the attacking front but midfield and defence is a mess

The rest of it must happen.

Lol at thinking we are above the likes of potter, how many decades do we have to be complete and utter wank for some of our fans to realise we aren’t getting a manager who has done something exceptional... especially with our new reputation of being a club where managers go to die.

The one time we did fluke a supposedly exceptional manager he left after a season of being unexceptional.

Sod glamour names, sign someone young and hungry with something to prove. That said whoever we get we are just going to sack them within a year or two anyway lol.
Our successful periods usually come with younger managers in charge.

Established managers are usually over the hill by the time we can get them, so we are probably best going for Potter or his ilk.

He has his team playing in a way we can only dream.

Who ever it is will be out of a job as we havnt gone near a manager in a job since pre Allerdyce and the Silva/Watford debacle

Also PL experience is a must(apparently) based on past appointments

Looking like Lampard or Nuno as most likely candidates

Sounds about right. Awful candidates if those two are the main choices. I'd honestly sooner stick with Benitez than those two. Not because I'm confident he'll turn it round but why wipe dog turd off your shoe if you plan to deliberately step in it again straight away?

Status
Not open for further replies.