2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
It cannot be stressed how bad the Ukrainian league is. Some stadiums only have 1 thousand fans in on match day pre covid. The pitches are like Astro turf in some matches. If you put some of Everton's youth players into Dynamo starting 11. They would perform at a very high level. Most big teams do not scout Ukraine seriously as it is very hard to judge the quality of play. I believe Everton have paid x 5 times at the very least the amount this player is worth.
We get it, you don’t like him. Many Thanks for your unbiased appraisal

He definitely has looked out of his depth so far, but experience tells me never to write a player off this early.
He may never adapt, he may adapt very quickly, or he may take time. He's still playing with strangers at this stage.o
All true and coming into a ratbag of a team as well hasn't helped, two in midfield getting swamped and constant pressure on the backline that is struggling for confidence hasn't helped him either, to early to tell if he will make it or not.

I think he would of been a more sound acquisition if we kept digne. Should of given him a season or so to adapt and then if he was ready, sell Digne for 20 or so. Now you have him being subjected to a baptism of fire into a vastly superior league. I know FFP affects the feasibility of that plan. Still questionable though. Just seems very raw

He definitely has looked out of his depth so far, but experience tells me never to write a player off this early.
He may never adapt, he may adapt very quickly, or he may take time. He's still playing with strangers at this stage.

With Digne gone what other option for LB? Certainly not to buy more important areas to look at.

I remember it took Baines nearly a season to find his feet when he was a similar age.

The signs so far look worrying to compete at this level though. So many 20M+ players have been brought in that are woefully sub-standard. That's my worry with this guy that the scouting has once again been non-existent.

With Digne gone what other option for LB? Certainly not to buy more important areas to look at.
We seriously made our LB position weaker by the antics of Benitez. We DIDN’T have to go out and buy this guy to prove a point. He looked out depth against bottom tier teams. Wish Digne held on for another week.

We could play Godfrey there and blood the kid slowly?

Thought he looked fine yesterday, better defensively and a bit more confident.

Needs to calm down on his crosses, but the only worry is he looks scared to head the ball, looks like he closes his eyes and mistimes it completely. ?

I mean he should have stopped that cross for the first goal and gave the worst back pass I’ve seen from any player all season. Honestly think he’s been very poor so far.

We seriously made our LB position weaker by the antics of Benitez. We DIDN’T have to go out and buy this guy to prove a point. He looked out depth against bottom tier teams. Wish Digne held on for another week.

We could play Godfrey there and blood the kid slowly?

That is it, Godfrey was pushed into RB yesterday to make way for Mina, if he had been LB what then with Coleman still on.

It is the selections, tactics, subbing all down to FSW which has completely messed the team and the players up for all those games which has seen drop into the bottom quarter of the league. Personally I thought Mykolenko was not too bad and linked up well with Gray and the Richie. I still thank him for smacking up that cheating Sargeant.

I'll not too worried cos Godfrey can fill in for him if he struggling.

But issue is keeping Mina fit for the rest of the season or we buy a new cb asap

If Benitez was one bad result away from the sack, if it was that precarious, do you not think that someone at board level should have told Villa to GTF and Rafael told to get on with it.

Selling Digne midway through the season, when we’re struggling and then next game sacking Benitez just screams the utter shambles the club is in.

If Benitez was one bad result away from the sack, if it was that precarious, do you not think that someone at board level should have told Villa to GTF and Rafael told to get on with it.

Selling Digne midway through the season, when we’re struggling and then next game sacking Benitez just screams the utter shambles the club is in.
Benitez probably convinced the board that Digne was the problem and had to be sold. Probably advised them he wouldn't lose to Norwich because we had new players in and players returning from injury. I cannot wait for him to go.

There was a player who came from the Bundesliga who said he was absolutely floored at how fast the pace of the game was here. He said it was almost twice as fast as there. Can't recall who it was, but if the Premier League is that much faster than the Bundesliga, this lad is going to need time. Will he be "good enough"? No clue. But he's here now and Digne, regrettably, is not. So we don't really have much of a choice but to back this lad. I think he will be good in time, not spectacular like Digne or even Baines, but steady. That's not a terrible thing.

Think we could look at trying to bring in an experienced left back in on loan till end of the season. Take abit of pressure off the lad and give him time to get used to his team mates and the Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.