Moshri: is he to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedyhell

Player Valuation: £750k
Spent 565m on players in 5 years so no issues around being a tight git. Most PL clubs are envious of us about this.

Is he to blame we have brought largely rubbish? Or have the managers we hired (who we all supported on being appointed bar Rafael) let him down?

He also signed Ancelloti as manager - one of the biggest names and most successful football managers in the World- to our club. He also did F all and soon buggered off Dull dull football.

So why are we giving him so much grief? I am no Moshri yes man but I have friends who say the same (non blues admittedly) and it is not always easy to answer.

Spent 565m on players in 5 years so no issues around being a tight git. Most PL clubs are envious of us about this.

Is he to blame we have brought largely rubbish? Or have the managers we hired (who we all supported on being appointed bar Rafael) let him down?

He also signed Ancelloti as manager - one of the biggest names and most successful football managers in the World- to our club. He also did F all and soon buggered off Dull dull football.

So why are we giving him so much grief? I am no Moshri yes man but I have friends who say the same (non blues admittedly) and it is not always easy to answer.
He is the scapegoat.

I believe he needs to accept they he has no expertise when it comes to football, so when he hires a Director of Football to control club strategy, manager recruitment, scouting etc, he has to get the right person for the job, then let them do that job without interference. By no means am I saying that Brands was the right person, but to hire him knowing he had a preference to rely on bringing in youth players and developing academy players, then hire managers with a track record of not giving youth players a chance just sets everyone up to lose. Yes he's put his hand in his pocket, but he's also thrown his weight around trying to insist on particular transfers (Iwobi?) Just hire people in the know and let them run footballing matters.

Yes he is. He has not got a jar of glue how to run a football club. Our performances before and after say it all.

7 Seasons prior to Moshiri's ownership

2008/09 - 5th - Moyes
2009/10 - 8th - Moyes
2010/11 - 7th - Moyes
2011/12 - 7th - Moyes
2012/13 - 6th - Moyes
2013/14 - 5th - Martinez
2014/15 - 11th - Martinez

7 Seasons inclusive since 2016 under Moshiri ownership

2015/16 - 11th - Martinez/Unsworth
2016/17 - 7th - Koeman
2017/18 - 8th - Koeman/Unsworth/Allardyce
2018/19 - 8th - Silva
2019/20 - 12th - Silva/Ferguson/Ancelotti
2020/21 - 10th - Ancelotti
2021/22 - Currently 16th/Benitez

Needs to step back and allow an actual football person to run the club....
Because of his ignorance he hired the worst possible appointment to manage this club...
The parasite then went on to do the following:
Force out the director of football,
Gut the physio and coaching staff,
Force out our one world class attacker,
Force out our one, premier league quality left back,
Looked to be on his way to trying to shift our best centre half,
Persisted with playing a 2 in midfield with two players who were never suited to it,
Turned a half decent defence into a Sunday league setup....
Good riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.