Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the board are deciding between 2 candidates makes me think it's Lampard and Rooney. Which means, again PrEmIeR lEaGuE experience is paramount to getting a good manager in. Could have just done what the smart thing was last summer and went after Galtier, just like they could do the smart thing this time and go after Kovac but they won't. Because they never [Poor language removed] learn.

It'll be Rooney - for reasons wisely set out earlier in this thread by @Milkman

If for some reason that falls apart - say Moshiri continues his recent trend of appointing wizened proven winners - then it will be Mourinho. That choice would show that there is an ever-deepening split in the board and that Moshiri is essentially deciding things in cahoots with Usmanov and in spite of Kenwright.

I'll be surprised if it is anybody other than those two. The Martinez shouts are so ludicrous as to make Rooney semi-palatable. Bill will know this.

Belgium have had a top three international squad over his time there and he's won nothing. So he's not done great at all. He's underachieved..

And our best manager is like being the best smelling outhouse. Who cares.
His win % is on par with Moyes over a shorter spell. That Europa season killed us with that limited squad and limited funds before Moshiri came in.

Would Moyes be a popular choice now?

He obviously wouldn’t have been in the past but after the job he’s done at West Ham, have opinions now changed?

Getting him may prove difficult although I think there’s still a good chance we could get him.

As someone who’s never wanted him back previously, I think he’d be ideal for the job right now.

More importantly, I think he’d be given time by our fans and there’s not many managers out there right now who we can say that about.

Why would he leave top 4 West Ham to take resuscitate Everton again?

Anyone calling for Martinez must have a short memory. He started amazingly well and there’s probably some blue tinted glasses there but the football at the end of his tenure was as bad as anything Rafael served up

He wouldn’t inherit a quality, well drilled defence either. Can you imagine Michael Keane trying to play Bobbyball I can’t even

Agree here, stop making the SKY narrative that a club is "bigger" because they are higher in the league or have won a trophy recenly.

IMO you have to look at stadium, average attendance, turnover, honours, tradition and more besides. Everton are a massive club but we are in a slumber, we are a sleeping giant we just need the right man to wake us up....

Slumber?
More like a coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.