Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be Rooney - for reasons wisely set out earlier in this thread by @Milkman

If for some reason that falls apart - say Moshiri continues his recent trend of appointing wizened proven winners - then it will be Mourinho. That choice would show that there is an ever-deepening split in the board and that Moshiri is essentially deciding things in cahoots with Usmanov and in spite of Kenwright.

I'll be surprised if it is anybody other than those two. The Martinez shouts are so ludicrous as to make Rooney semi-palatable. Bill will know this.
Feel like he'd be all over Mourinho if he was out of work. Although given his performance at Roma so far, that may not be too long a wait.

This is where im at.

At least Rooney is out managing. At least Carsley went off to do things as well, not linger like a bad stench waiting go to be given the job.

Go and earn it.
I have zero respect for that feller.

I remember the season we needed snookers to stay up: because he was sent off a few times and left the team down to 10 men.

I'll never forgive that. A conman. He might fool a few of the kids who never saw that period but I'll never ever forget it.

The fact that the board are deciding between 2 candidates makes me think it's Lampard and Rooney. Which means, again PrEmIeR lEaGuE experience is paramount to getting a good manager in. Could have just done what the smart thing was last summer and went after Galtier, just like they could do the smart thing this time and go after Kovac but they won't. Because they never [Poor language removed] learn.

Galtier turned us down. Expected "better club's" interested in him. Stayed in France

Why is everyone against Martinez? We played some fantastic football under him. His win% was on par with Moyes with a shorter spell. Should have stayed with him
Really? Have you forgotten how bad it was once Moyes defence had gone?

Boring sideways football, no cutting edge and a total inability to defend. He had to go and should not even be considered this time round.

Why would he leave top 4 West Ham to take resuscitate Everton again?
I think Moyes would take it if the offer was right. Doing great at WH but they won’t get top 4 this season, 4 games in hand on Spurs, 2 on UTD & Arsenal, all will catch them. Plus his team will probably get ripped apart in the Summer.

Anyone calling for Martinez must have a short memory. He started amazingly well and there’s probably some blue tinted glasses there but the football at the end of his tenure was as bad as anything Rafael served up

He wouldn’t inherit a quality, well drilled defence either. Can you imagine Michael Keane trying to play Bobbyball I can’t even

His first season was built on the intelligence of players like Pienaar and Osman plus the engine of McCarthy in midfield. He sidelined the first two and lost McCarthy to injury and it all fell apart after that. Apart from Lukaku Barry and McCarthy (when fit) his signings were pretty poor.

Why is everyone against Martinez? We played some fantastic football under him. His win% was on par with Moyes with a shorter spell. Should have stayed with him
We played well the first season, the second and 3rd was dire. Sideways & backwards passing, terrible defence, no game plan and we was incredibly poor going forward considering he had an inform Lukaku, Geri, Mirallas and Barkley. Martinez was similar to Benitez for me, very stubborn and unwilling to change his tactics to suit the team.

It was terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.