Directors of Football (A Necessity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonstripdzebra

Player Valuation: £950k
As rumors fly over managers I see history repeating itself in ignoring what in modern football is commonplace, links to directors of football. In my opinion if we don't hire a Director of Football (thats empowered to make decisions with autonomy) I don't think the club is rectifying its mistakes.

So this thread is in hopes to counter balance overweighing how much a manager can institutionally fix Everton's problems.

Of reasonable options that would consider us I think Stuart Webber at Norwich or Phil Giles at Brentford are worth consideration. Dan Ashworth of Brighton would be a reach but an excellent hire. Academy director Jason Wilcox at Manchester City has been approached by other clubs and might deserve a look. Luis Campos deserves a call.

If others have names put below.

As rumors fly over managers I see history repeating itself in ignoring what in modern football is commonplace, links to directors of football. In my opinion if we don't hire a Director of Football (thats empowered to make decisions with autonomy) I don't think the club is rectifying its mistakes.

So this thread is in hopes to counter balance overweighing how much a manager can institutionally fix Everton's problems.

Of reasonable options that would consider us I think Stuart Webber at Norwich or Phil Giles at Brentford are worth consideration. Dan Ashworth of Brighton would be a reach but an excellent hire. Academy director Jason Wilcox at Manchester City has been approached by other clubs and might deserve a look. Luis Campos deserves a call.

If others have names put below.
Agree with you mate, uncertain as to weather the owner will allow him to do his job though.

We need a solid DOF.

It sounds like Brands was against Moshiri in parts and was overruled.

So if Brands could not do it, then we need someone who won’t accept any Moshiri madness. Moshiri interfering will only destroy Everton.

For now I’d say Moshris in charge of finances and Kenright will be picking the players … unless some agent suggests someone else to Moshri and he goes for it. There is Sunday league clubs being ran better. Utter shambles !

We need one, but as others have said unless Moshiri accepts he is the owner and not the DoF this slow motion train crash will continue to crumple before our eyes.
I’m not hopeful.

If big Duncan is appointed then I would suggest a dof will be necessary. Depends who is brought in. Bit pointless having sacked brands now really as he was never actually given a chance to sign his own players

Status
Not open for further replies.