2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Tom Davies had got fit we would have charged up that table.
td.jpg

"YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT..."

We knew it wouldn't be easy, and that it was a big challenge, both emotionally and in terms of sport. My love for this city, for Merseyside and its people, made me accept this challenge, but it is only when you are inside that you realise the magnitude of the task. From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn't only have to get results, but we also had to win over people's hearts. However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings. The road to success isn't easy and sadly, nowadays in football there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won't be possible to continue this project.

In any case, thank you to the Board, to the staff, to the players, and to those fans who have supported us during this time.

My best wishes for EFC.

We knew it wouldn't be easy, and that it was a big challenge, both emotionally and in terms of sport. My love for this city, for Merseyside and its people, made me accept this challenge, but it is only when you are inside that you realise the magnitude of the task. From the very first day, my staff and myself worked as we always do, with commitment and full dedication, we didn't only have to get results, but we also had to win over people's hearts. However, the financial situation and then the injuries that followed made things even harder. I am convinced that we would have been better once the injured players were back and with the arrival of the new signings. The road to success isn't easy and sadly, nowadays in football there is a search for immediate results and there is always less and less patience; unfortunately circumstances have determined the results and it won't be possible to continue this project.

In any case, thank you to the Board, to the staff, to the players, and to those fans who have supported us during this time.

My best wishes for EFC.

Shoulders zero blame. Excuse after excuse. BOBA

Yeah, there have been from both sides. But when I'm repeatedly told I'm not a good evertonian, not a real fan, they are better fans because they support him, I'm deluded, part of a cult, a brigade, lumped in with those who made threats or abused him verbally because of his appearance and heritage, then I'm not going to just let that go. That's not just blues wanting to support the manager.

The majority did just want to support the manager, but many of those that keep getting tagged in posts, were doing the above. And on a regular basis.

And that's where the issue remains.
Name calling and shaming on social media, will always be the easiest of all things. From the day he was appointed I said I would never warm to him as our manager. Would cheer on the team, as club interest should come first at any point. Never felt right for me personally though, seeing Benitez with an Everton badge on the sidelines.

Took a step away from posting, as it just didn't feel as my club anymore. Time for a new start now, we're all Blues in the end. At least the vast majority are.

That Watford game, where we were winning 2-1 with about 12 minutes to go, and then we conceded four goals to end up losing 5-2. That was the moment i knew, that Benitez would be a failure here.

Status
Not open for further replies.