Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The club would be mad to not give Ferguson at least a game or too.

We saw the impact that having a bit of passion, positivity and an onside crowd can have in his last interim role.

And when we can't even win to Norwich right now, any extra points these next few games under him could give us could be vital come the end of the season.

Why give the role straight away to another fractious manager?

After his 1st season and he went and dismantled the foundations left by Moyes he was exposed for his naive tactics and without Lukaku and a yet to overthink things Barkley he would never of got to a 3rd season....
You can't blame a guy for all the bad things but then refuse to give him credit for any of the good things. Besides, Martinez was the only manager to get anything out of the likes of Barkley.

Can only hope he’s learnt a lot since he left us. And isn’t the same tactically stubborn manager which seen him fail first time.

We wanted Benitez out, whoever the next fella is, comes in with a clean slate, for me.

Ya I would say it's the best option and then review. We need a manager with an identity of playing more aggressive football esp at goodison. Fergus has shown he can do that short term. He got a win and 2 draws v chelsea, arsenal and united. And was unlucky to be beaten by penos v leicester. That's 4 top teams and he got results when we were in the chitebucket.

Good enough for me until the summer.

deffo agree mate

He was given a fair crack and apart from his first season where it was largely a Moyes team he didn’t deliver.

I remember in his third season slow turgid football and defending that was worse then the current iteration are managing.

Couple that with crazy post match interviews where he basically BS his way through completely delusional statements with the team getting worse every season he was in charge.

PS players signed like McGeady, Tarashaj, Kone, Alcaraz, Naisse and more so no that Catalan clown was no good.
That bits not really true. Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy were our best players that season, Deulofeu was a good addition too and Stones and Barkley were brought into the first team when they had not played much under Moyes (understandably in Stones' case).

His last 2 seasons were pretty rubbish but there is nothing wrong with giving him some credit for his first season, it really did look like we were going places. Feels decades ago now.

Roberto pissed all over that ginger get as a coach.

That first season = best season of football since the 80s glory days. No question whatsoever.

I'll tell you something else: his last season here finishing midtable and getting to two cup SFs would be seen as a golden age for the club now.
As an attacking coach, sure, as a defensive coach not even close. You need to be able to do both to be a good coach. Martinez isn't a good manager, he's a bang average one who isn't interested in actually addressing his weaknesses. Potter is basically the coach Martinez would be if he could organise a team defensively. Martinez would relegate us with current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.