Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No there is zero logic...
as in zero logic to it. He brough Wigan down. Relegated. His teams cannot defend. You need that to stay up. He got sacked from our club. He is a waffler. A "phenomenal" one. We need a manager to unify the club short term. Martinez already has the majority of fans against him. Fan pressure got him sacked.

Where on God's earthly world can you see logic ??

I can't believe I'm defending him really.

I'm just trying to point out that we most likely need to get to summer - a panic contract now could cost us a lot.

Roberto pissed all over that ginger get as a coach.

That first season = best season of football since the 80s glory days. No question whatsoever.

I'll tell you something else: his last season here finishing midtable and getting to two cup SFs would be seen as a golden age for the club now.
Spot on. Not saying he's my number 1 option, but he was the last manager we had that actually had a plan for how the team should play. And despite having kids and rejects to work with, he was somewhat successful with it. With a DoF and some money to bring in the right players, I'd be curious to see what he could do.

Roberto pissed all over that ginger get as a coach.

That first season = best season of football since the 80s glory days. No question whatsoever.

I'll tell you something else: his last season here finishing midtable and getting to two cup SFs would be seen as a golden age for the club now.

He was given a fair crack and apart from his first season where it was largely a Moyes team he didn’t deliver.

I remember in his third season slow turgid football and defending that was worse then the current iteration are managing.

Couple that with crazy post match interviews where he basically BS his way through completely delusional statements with the team getting worse every season he was in charge.

PS players signed like McGeady, Tarashaj, Kone, Alcaraz, Naisse and more so no that Catalan clown was no good.

this. if they’res nobody available till summer then who? ferguson?
Ya I would say it's the best option and then review. We need a manager with an identity of playing more aggressive football esp at goodison. Fergus has shown he can do that short term. He got a win and 2 draws v chelsea, arsenal and united. And was unlucky to be beaten by penos v leicester. That's 4 top teams and he got results when we were in the chitebucket.

Good enough for me until the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.