Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All he did was add a bit of attacking football to a team with a well drilled Moyes defence, then he ignored defence for long enough we became rubbish at defending.
Imigine him starting off with a rubbish defence.
I'm not saying he would be my first choice, and I don't think he's the guy to take over in the midst of a relegation battle (long-term maybe). But he gets an unfair share of the slander around here despite managers since him spending more yet having the team looking far worse.

zzPROP140412-032-Sunderland_Everton.jpg

Roberto pissed all over that ginger get as a coach.

That first season = best season of football since the 80s glory days. No question whatsoever.

I'll tell you something else: his last season here finishing midtable and getting to two cup SFs would be seen as a golden age for the club now.
I liked him and wish he never left.

Bringing him back would be utter madness though.

*Throws tenner on him to be next manager*

Why would someone ever even contemplate bringing back a Manager that you sacked yourself half a decade ago, amid massive fan protests for being absolutely woeful and unable to defend, when you have just sacked an ex kopite that none of your supporters wanted but you ignored, who was worse than woeful putting you in a relegation battle and whilst being fully aware that there will again be massive amount of supporters don't want said Manager back.

Answer: Because your name is Farhad Moshiri.

Nuff said.

Martinez deserves a second chance as much as Moyes does. Picking out certain games that we did crap in is redundant as it makes no case for future games. All managers lose games. Imagine calling for Klopps head after they got thrashed at Villa.
"Certain games" are you having a laugh, the guy couldn't organise and wasn't interested in actually organising a team defensively. He'd be an absolute disaster with the player's we've got now! He had Coleman and Baines at their peak, plus Jagielka and Distin. Christ can you imagine what would happen with the current crop of defender's we've got!

I dont see how he would be qualified...didnt do well in his last job, they should have been closer to PSG with their squad. Players didnt take to him at all in Bayern, why is he rated on here?

I like Martinez but in a relegation battle?

He'd need a massive warchest behind him to fund the players needed to successfully play his way.

We sacked him just before spending the money he could have used.

It would be bizarre to hire him back with no money.

Exactly how i feel.
I like Roberto and I would have given him one more season just to see what he could do with the money I know I am in the minority with that view. It makes no sense to bring him back.

Roberto pissed all over that ginger get as a coach.

That first season = best season of football since the 80s glory days. No question whatsoever.

I'll tell you something else: his last season here finishing midtable and getting to two cup SFs would be seen as a golden age for the club now.
Well said.

We currently have no manager - the right manager is likely not available - if Martinez is available until the summer to caretake you can see the logic.

Otherwise we have to give whoever is available a 3 year contract, transfer kitty and compensation again.
No there is zero logic...
as in zero logic to it. He brough Wigan down. Relegated. His teams cannot defend. You need that to stay up. He got sacked from our club. He is a waffler. A "phenomenal" one. We need a manager to unify the club short term. Martinez already has the majority of fans against him. Fan pressure got him sacked.

Where on God's earthly world can you see logic ??

No there is zero logic...
as in zero logic to it. He brough Wigan down. Relegated. His teams cannot defend. You need that to stay up. He got sacked from our club. He is a waffler. A "phenomenal" one. We need a manager to unify the club short term. Martinez already has the majority of fans against him. Fan pressure got him sacked.

Where on God's earthly world can you see logic ??

this. if they’res nobody available till summer then who? ferguson?

Status
Not open for further replies.