Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 60 mate, and respect everyone's right to an opinion. My opinion is, Martinez would be a catastrophic appointment, keeping a firmly split fanbase well and truly divided. He had his chance and screwed it up.
I respect that, I am 74. To say he screwed it up is a bit harsh. Moyes screwed up a lot in his tenure and some want him back. His win percentage is among the best among our managers.

Can I clear something up before this place turns toxic again - surely nobody hates Martinez? The guy has never said a bad word about us (or anything for that matter).

He's not the greatest manager of course, but are we really going to piss our pants again over the choice of manager? Seems self-defeating, especially given the lack of credible alternatives and when we're in a relegation scrap.

I personally think it sounds like a laugh, I'm all aboard Martinez pt.2.
Tbh it did get pretty toxic on here in his final year and not just the usual suspects either.

Can I clear something up before this place turns toxic again - surely nobody hates Martinez? The guy has never said a bad word about us (or anything for that matter).

He's not the greatest manager of course, but are we really going to piss our pants again over the choice of manager? Seems self-defeating, especially given the lack of credible alternatives and when we're in a relegation scrap.

I personally think it sounds like a laugh, I'm all aboard Martinez pt.2.

The hate is purely on a football basis, not for the man himself.

4D6586A6-1B0E-41EA-9EBA-6B0ECDC733A4.jpeg

I know he won't leave, but I stand behind the sentiment. Maybe we can get a caretaker to see out the season and then approach him in the summer.
Just get Rudi Garcia. Same deal but available.

I want Gallardo but that's far too left field for us. He doesn't know the city or anything!

I would love a manager who nobody knows anything about. Garcia, Gallardo, Amorim etc. It's just easier that way, let the manager form the fans opinions rather than the other way around.

Difficult one this. Not a fan of interim managers especially when given half a season as the players think they will not be here long so why bother and we have enough players who are the why bother variety anyway. Prefer a long term, or as long term as it gets with Everton these days, rather than an interim unless it is for a game or two whilst a permanent solution is found

Status
Not open for further replies.