Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Martinez is dead in the water… thank god!

Out of Rooney and Lampard it’s got to be Rooney all day long.
Has anyone seen this telegraph piece? As it has a paywall. Who are the other 2 managers. And has John Percy got anything to do with the piece. Because he’s very clued up. I noticed he retweeted the post by Sam Wallace

I don't want Martinez at all, but he is being treated a bit harsh imo.

He has done a good job since leaving us, dont get why some say his time with Belgium as failure, stinks of re-writting to fit an agenda.

He got that NT to the Number 1 ranked team, thats a fact, and to then say "well he hasn't won anythig with them", Jesus H.....well how many NT do win stuff ??!! Its almost a closed shop to less than 4/5 nations who actually win International trophies.

The Belgium NT has some good players, but people talk like they have 20 top draw players all at World Class level, thats just not true.

I don't want him back, but the stick he is getting is poor.

Why do you say that ? I'm only intrigued because our last 5 permanent appointments had very little to do with the club before they got the job .
Would be an interesting thing to appoint a manager who really does understand the club .
But what is there to understand? We want results like any other club. SAF,Klopp,Mourinho,Wenger never understood their respective clubs when they joined, it is nothing more than a hinderance and a tie to days gone by. We need to be moving forward, young progressive managers

Genius people tend to be flawed.
I couldn’t careless what he did so long as he brought good successful football back to EFC.
Fair point but looking at all the top football managers in the world right now; Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Simeone etc. while all have their quirks none of them have multiple actual arrests to their name like our Wayne.

I hear ya, especially with the squad available to him. Thing is he plays a good brand of football, isn't afraid to play youngsters and isn't a dinosaur, 3 good reasons imo. Also seems confident and self-aware enough to question himself at times which is a 'phenomenal' attribute
Thats a good point and I don't dislike Lampard I just think people get a bit carried away talking about him having a transfer ban as if he didn't have a great squad anyway.

He had some poor games at the end, but overall no. In his first season they were fine.

What we are seeing is Tuchel syndrome. People are only turning their noses up because Tuchel did better. Even though Tuchel is an elite, top 5 in the world coach.

We saw it for a decade at United with the Ronaldo complex. We all know United supporters because it's impossible not to. They criticised and ran down perfectly capable players for years, simply because they weren't as good as Ronaldo. They lost all perspective and that's easy to do when you make irrelevant and unfair comparisons. There are lots of very good managers out there who aren't as good as Tuchel. It doesn't mean they are crap.
Absolutely. Also, for me. Tuchel is limited, he is no Klopp that is for sure.

Rooney over Lampard and Martinez any day. Kovac over Rooney on top of that.
Agreed.

Rooney's time may well come but it really doesn't feel like that time is now. Besides, we need him to loan that Derby CM (Knight?) to us.

Kovac seems the best available option to me (assuming Potter is being honest in saying he isn't interested), considering our need to move rapidly in order to avert disaster.

Wouldn’t fill me with confidence

I am sorry, but we would KILL for a run of resulsts like this (Lamps at Chelsea):

Aug 11Man Utd 4-0 ChelseaPremier League
Aug 14Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea (5-4 pens.)UEFA Super Cup
Aug 18Chelsea 1-1 Leicester CityPremier League
Aug 24Norwich 2-3 ChelseaPremier League
Aug 31Chelsea 2-2 Sheffield UtdPremier League
Sep 14Wolves 2-5 ChelseaPremier League
Sep 22Chelsea 1-2 LiverpoolPremier League
Sep 28Chelsea 2-0 BrightonPremier League
Oct 2Lille 1-2 ChelseaChampions League
Oct 6Southampton 1-4 ChelseaPremier League
Oct 19Chelsea 1-0 NewcastlePremier League
Oct 23Ajax 0-1 ChelseaPremier League
Oct 26Burnley 2-4 ChelseaPremier League
Oct 29Chelsea 1-2 Man UtdCarabao Cup
Nov 2Watford 1-2 ChelseaPremier League
Nov 5Chelsea 4-4 AjaxChampions League
Nov 9Chelsea 2-0 WatfordPremier League
Nov 23Man City 2-1 ChelseaPremier League
Nov 27Valencia 2-2 ChelseaChampions League
Nov 30Chelsea 0-1 West HamPremier League
Dec 4Chelsea 2-1 Aston VillaPremier League
Dec 7Everton 3-1 ChelseaPremier League
Dec 10Chelsea 2-1 LilleChampions League
Dec 14Chelsea 0-1 BournemouthPremier League

Thats a good point and I don't dislike Lampard I just think people get a bit carried away talking about him having a transfer ban as if he didn't have a great squad anyway.
haha yea...the transfer ban with Chelsea means nothing...the have players on loan that are key players for other PL teams

But what is there to understand? We want results like any other club. SAF,Klopp,Mourinho,Wenger never understood their respective clubs when they joined, it is nothing more than a hinderance and a tie to days gone by. We need to be moving forward, young progressive managers
Very good points but there's also the flip side where the last two managers at this club that actually won anything are both ex players who we adored and adored us back .
Colin however struggled I admit but recent appointments of outsiders haven't gone well apart from Moyes and there's been A LOT of them .

Status
Not open for further replies.