2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cost 30 million pounds, a large weekly wage, on a long contract, supposedly an England international, and he can only play with one centreback partner in one formation or he’s completely useless?

Nowhere near good enough.
I don't think he's good enough either.

But it is fair to point out the entire team looked worse as a defensive unit this season. There's a reason for that.

My respect for Duncan would go up massively if the team sheet started Pickford Patterson Godfrey Mina Mykolenko
Mykolenko looked woeful tbh

I know he needs time but I can see Dunc playing Godfrey LB and wouldn't be surprised if Holgate came in for Keane.

But organise the defence and all of the players will look better.

Keane turned in some really good displays last year in those away games we won, likes of Anfield and West Brom in particular IIRC. But that's when we had a very deep line I know.

I don't think he's good enough either.

But it is fair to point out the entire team looked worse as a defensive unit this season. There's a reason for that.

He’s been completely hopeless under every manager we’ve had except a few months at an empty Goodison under Ancelotti. Coleman has also just been getting progressively worse under every manager.

I know everyone is looking for the quick fix, silver bullet, ‘it was all Benitez, he couldn’t organise a defence’. It doesn’t exist. Benitez clearly had organised defences well in the past, his Liverpool team had multiple seasons with best clean sheets record, his Newcastle team also knew how to defend.

It didn’t work for him here but just removing him will not solve the issue.

Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman are not good enough for premier league football irrespective of who manages them. They are terrible.

He’s been completely hopeless under every manager we’ve had except a few months at an empty Goodison under Ancelotti. Coleman has also just been getting progressively worse under every manager.

I know everyone is looking for the quick fix, silver bullet, ‘it was all Benitez, he couldn’t organise a defence’. It doesn’t exist. Benitez clearly had organised defences well in the past, his Liverpool team had multiple seasons with best clean sheets record, his Newcastle team also knew how to defend.

It didn’t work for him here but just removing him will not solve the issue.

Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman are not good enough for premier league football irrespective of who manages them. They are terrible.
Just a quick one on this first up. Stop chatting about his Liverpool team. It's irrelevant. It's like talking about Mourinho's 00s Chelsea team or even Moyes' first Everton team. It's that long ago and footy has changed so much since then. It's completely different.

As for Newcastle, if you look his numbers there were bang on like Bruce's. Like Bruce, his defensive plan was to revert to men behind the ball (541). However, at Newcastle - and I was speaking to a Newcastle analyst for a piece I did the other day on this - he had a ball-playing CB like Schar and that helped in them getting out of their shape to attack.

So no, I'm not fully blaming Benitez. Keane is an issue and needs selling. But Everton's defence was worse this season. Whether that's tactical or the players not being good enough to meet what Benitez wants, that's up for debate clearly, but I agree that neither of the players listed are good enough. However, Benitez - like every other manager - chose to play them.

Just a quick one on this first up. Stop chatting about his Liverpool team. It's irrelevant. It's like talking about Mourinho's 00s Chelsea team or even Moyes' first Everton team. It's that long ago and footy has changed so much since then. It's completely different.

As for Newcastle, if you look his numbers there were bang on like Bruce's. Like Bruce, his defensive plan was to revert to men behind the ball (541). However, at Newcastle - and I was speaking to a Newcastle analyst for a piece I did the other day on this - he had a ball-playing CB like Schar and that helped in them getting out of their shape to attack.

So no, I'm not fully blaming Benitez. Keane is an issue and needs selling. But Everton's defence was worse this season. Whether that's tactical or the players not being good enough to meet what Benitez wants, that's up for debate clearly, but I agree that neither of the players listed are good enough. However, Benitez - like every other manager - chose to play them.

Which leads me back into my point which is he cons managers in training sessions. Do people really think that if he performed the way he does on match days during training sessions that he’d keep getting selected? Surely not.

Which means he is training well and when selection comes he looks like the best option for the manager to put in defence. Then when he crosses the white line he either completely mentally deteriorates, or deliberately sabotages the performance. Either way, he has to go.

No more it’s and buts, no more Benitez this, the crowd that, oh it was a back 3, he needs Mina, the line is too high. No more excuses. GET HIM OUT,

Which leads me back into my point which is he cons managers in training sessions. Do people really think that if he performed the way he does on match days during training sessions that he’d keep getting selected? Surely not.

Which means he is training well and when selection comes he looks like the best option for the manager to put in defence. Then when he crosses the white line he either completely mentally deteriorates, or deliberately sabotages the performance. Either way, he has to go.

No more it’s and buts, no more Benitez this, the crowd that, oh it was a back 3, he needs Mina, the line is too high. No more excuses. GET HIM OUT,
I don't think anyone is making excuses for him. Benitez was a crap manager and is a crap manager who made our bad/average players look even worse. Keane is one of them and we need rid of him.

I don't think anyone is making excuses for him. Benitez was a crap manager and is a crap manager who made our bad/average players look even worse. Keane is one of them and we need rid of him.

To be fair to benitez, Keane has looked terrible under every manager except for a brief spell under carlo, and that's only because he was playing that deep he might as well have been back at Burnley.

To be fair to benitez, Keane has looked terrible under every manager except for a brief spell under carlo, and that's only because he was playing that deep he might as well have been back at Burnley.
Don't keep playing him them? Benitez picked the teams.

He had him strolling out of defence trying to pick 40-yard passes like he was Pirlo in recent weeks.

Don't keep playing him them? Benitez picked the teams.

He had him strolling out of defence trying to pick 40-yard passes like he was Pirlo in recent weeks.

I don't think he had an option considering mina is a crock, if mina had been fit these last few months it would have been mina and Godfrey.

Keane should be the first name out the door for me.

He ducks under the ball with his eyes closed when there’s a set piece. He’s headed the ball against his own player in the box under no pressure more times than I’ve ever seen from any other centreback. He’s ran out with the ball and got laughably caught in possession over and over again. There’s times he just stops running back when strikers are in on goal.

Now he’s either the worst centreback to possibly ever play for us, or he is doing some of this stuff on purpose. Either way he needs to be jettisoned from this club as quickly as possible.
No player purposefully plays bad just to make a team look worse, that’s just ridiculous, he’s far from the worst CB in history as well

Status
Not open for further replies.