2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the tinfoil hat off mate, it’s embarrassing

He ducks under the ball with his eyes closed when there’s a set piece. He’s headed the ball against his own player in the box under no pressure more times than I’ve ever seen from any other centreback. He’s ran out with the ball and got laughably caught in possession over and over again. There’s times he just stops running back when strikers are in on goal.

Now he’s either the worst centreback to possibly ever play for us, or he is doing some of this stuff on purpose. Either way he needs to be jettisoned from this club as quickly as possible.

I am convinced this guy hypnotises and manipulates world-class managers into trusting and playing him whilst he single handedly destroys their careers.

1642512741366.png

He’s never been good enough since he arrived. He’s been alright in patches but that’s the point really, if he’s man of the match for the next 10 games I’d still want rid, we need consistency and stability and he’s never gonna bring that to the team unfortunately.

It's the same with Mina for me. Not dependable.
His injuries mean Mina's no use to us, and honestly if he wasnt made of china he'd never have been near us in the 1st place.
Great CH when fit, even the difference he made when he came on at the weekend, immediately Keane looked more confident.
Doesnt help Keane having Godfrey or Holgate beside him as he needs talked through 90mins himself.

Keane is a good player, but he is a confidence player and his confidence is shot. Also not the leader we need. He needs a leader alongside him, a big character, and he would be good. Unfortunately, our squad is short on characters, let alone our defence. Alongside a Gough or a Watson, or even if he had played under Moyes, he would've been a great addition. But we have been a basket case club since he arrived, played under 7 managers in 5 years, alongside 7 or 8 different defensive partners. We should be looking to sell this summer and make as much profit on the books as we can.

He ducks under the ball with his eyes closed when there’s a set piece. He’s headed the ball against his own player in the box under no pressure more times than I’ve ever seen from any other centreback. He’s ran out with the ball and got laughably caught in possession over and over again. There’s times he just stops running back when strikers are in on goal.

Now he’s either the worst centreback to possibly ever play for us, or he is doing some of this stuff on purpose. Either way he needs to be jettisoned from this club as quickly as possible.
He's a total confidence player. If he's next to Mina, and can just concentrate on his own game, he's mostly fine. If he has to take any onus or responsibility for others or play a slightly higher line he's atrocious and one mistake ruins him for about 7 games.

All this being said, we were a complete shambles defensively all of this season and every player has looked worse.

He's a total confidence player. If he's next to Mina, and can just concentrate on his own game, he's mostly fine. If he has to take any onus or responsibility for others or play a slightly higher line he's atrocious and one mistake ruins him for about 7 games.

All this being said, we were a complete shambles defensively all of this season and every player has looked worse.

He cost 30 million pounds, a large weekly wage, on a long contract, supposedly an England international, and he can only play with one centreback partner in one formation or he’s completely useless?

Nowhere near good enough.

Can Duncan do something to put a spine in him this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.