Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big name players like Lampard, Vieira and Gerrard are a big draw in the transfer market. Good players have signed for Palace and Villa just because of Vieira and Gerrard - it would be the same if we got Frank.

Quality players have already seen lampard make a pigs ear of the Chelsea job

Potter and Martinez will be much harder to get out of contracts then Rooney, we only have to offer Derby a few quid and they will jump at the money, i can see it being between Rooney and Lampard

….I’ve said it lots, managers like Rooney and Lampard have to surround themselves with the right people.
No doubt, having the right back room staff is essential for most managers. There's no way Rooney can take the full credit for getting Derby back on their feet this season. Same when Lampard almost got them promoted. I just see Lampard having a bit more about him than Rooney from a coaching point of view. His dad and uncle were both decent coaches in their day.

nuNO, don't care which out the rest
Definitely couldn’t take Nuno. Fond of Martinez but he’s too divisive. Would back Rooney, Lampard or Ferguson.

We need to rebuild from a fairly low base again. No point expecting some a list manager to come here given the state we’re in. Appoint someone the fans can get behind and galvanise the squad for the remainder of the season.

If the FOUR are:

Rooney - It's just seems too soon but you can't deny that he has done ok with Derby but they just stayed up after his freefall appointment.

At Derby he has 2 assistants around him who I think is very clever and useful. I think the club would like Duncan around too so it would a very fan friendly option.

Martinez - The clear board favourite but not the fans, we have been here before.

The only thing going for him is water is under the bridge and he is the more experienced.

I just pray it's not a permanent position but we really need someone who will be full time.

Lampard - Done well at Derby and Chelsea but everything was very much set up for himself and he is walking into a club which have nothing in place so he would be up against it instantly.

Not sure he would settle quickly but this helps

Nuno - FÜCK NO

The best part of Lampard is he takes crap from nobody. We need some of that attitude, it has been sorely lacking.

Quality players have already seen lampard make a pigs ear of the Chelsea job
He constructed the side that won the Champions League. He initially did well. I think the magnitude of that job came too early for him. You only get one shot which is why I don't think Rooney should join us yet. He would probably come in do ok initially then be sacked after 18 months. Whereas if he stays at Derby and manages elsewhere for a few years then he would have a far better chance of having a long tenure as Everton manager.

As I've said, I have heard of Favre and kovac, but as far as I'm aware neither of them are not in our list, but willing to take your word on that, your right we never seem to try someone totally new outside of the Premier league, but when you think over the years, that's where the success has come from. Mourinho, Klopp, etc and right now we could do with a more experienced manager in, rather than say Rooney, who seems very new to the manager scene but would be the popular vote amongst our supporters because of his roots.

I think you have to buck the trend.

Throughout the course of the Premier League the most successful managers have typically came from abroad.

Whether they’re up and coming like Mourinho, A list like Klopp, Genius like Guardiola, or relatively unknown like Wenger.

Even on a smaller level, Hassenhuttl, Lage are showing they’re good and solid. You can come in and be successful in the league.

If Lampard comes in, I’ll 109% give him my full backing, I just think you don’t get the options of Kovac and Favre every day, we’ve done it with Galtier, we done it with Tuchel, just don’t let it happen a third time.

He constructed the side that won the Champions League. He initially did well. I think the magnitude of that job came too early for him. You only get one shot which is why I don't think Rooney should join us yet. He would probably come in do ok initially then be sacked after 18 months. Whereas if he stays at Derby and manages elsewhere for a few years then he would have a far better chance of having a long tenure as Everton manager.

You mean he had a squad that won the champions league mid table

Status
Not open for further replies.