Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got a strategic review being carried out by the same people that need replacing.

We’ve just hired & fired a manager the fans didn’t want and seemingly half the club didn’t.

We’re apparently interviewing a manager the fans protested to get out 5 years ago and cost Moshiri £10m in compo.

Who on Earth has any faith the next few weeks are going to go well? We are a laughing stock.

It's going to be Rooney.

I don't mean that's my choice, but I think all the signs are pointing that way.

• Bill loves the return of a prodigal son
  • Moshiri loves a Hollywood name
  • Dunc loves him, and vice-versa
  • He's the anti-Benitez candidate. He'd seem a corrective appointment as the polar opposite of an old, ex-Kopite.
  • He's currently doing well at Derby in difficult circumstances
  • Derby will let him go on the cheap or even free
That sums it up nicely and that's why he's my top choice although I truly understand why others aren't sold on him .
He's still young and inexperienced but he has quite a lot going for him.

Lampard or Rooney eggs? Who would you prefer?

…..ooooh, I always have a stronger view on who I don’t want than do want & I don’t want Ferguson, Mourinho, NES or Martinez.

I’d be ok with Rooney or Lampard. I think Lampard is the safer longer-term appointment but Rooney is more likely to give us the immediate bounce we need.

One out of Rooney, Lampard or Kovac.

But Rooney should complete his Derby County "great Escape" in my opinion.

Lampard created the Chelsea CL winning side and had a good first season, when Chelsea had a transfer embargo. He would work well with our youngsters and have my full backing. Not a dinosaur who would bring ex players in who he worked with a long time ago.

Kovac has taken over in Frankfurt in a similar position. Avoided relegation and the next season he won the german cup. At his spell at Bayern he won the double.

He also did a good job in Monaco. Similar between Kovac and Lampard, both being sacked by Chelsea and Bayern, but so did Ancelotti. Is it a concern that they dont make it a these kind of clubs? Dont think so and both could fit the bill for us.

Young, hungry and a point to prove. As a player, I would love to work under any one of them. So one of them should get the nod.

…..ooooh, I always have a stronger view on who I don’t want than do want & I don’t want Ferguson, Mourinho, NES or Martinez.

I’d be ok with Rooney or Lampard. I think Lampard is the safer longer-term appointment but Rooney is more likely to give us the immediate bounce we need.

I agree with you ;)

Of the two it’s Lampard for me, because of the fact he brought the youth through at Chelsea and was 90 mins away from taking Derby up

Rooney, I feel, needs to finish the season at Derby, if the EFL even allow them to, as his form with them would have had them outsiders for playoffs without the points deductions

Status
Not open for further replies.