Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This next manager is our most important ever. Previous mistakes should be considered by the king makers. Why was Koeman so carp, how did he dupe us? How did Benetiz convince us he was capable of anything more than getting through the tunnel without sweating? In those sacred rooms, be honest about how you were taken for mugs.
We need to get this club to safety this season. I dont care if we win or draw ugly. We need points. Can we do that with this squad?
Dogs of War part 2 is needed for next 19? Games.
Maybe telling DF thats the job until summer, get in some grafters and tougher players and getcstuck in.
In the background, sort out the hangers on, the wage stealers. Source football knowledgable replacements. Not those who have failed elsewhere.
Between now and summer, find a manager who isnt scared of and knows how big a job he is taking on and let him start building an Everton side for the future.
Please email Mosh with these suggestions

@ToffeeTim why Lampard over Rooney?

Also what do you make of Chelsea's weak defence under Lampard and playing Kante in a more advanced role?

Lampard has got top 4 in the PL before and managed under the pressure of a huge club. I also feel he will probably have learned a lot from being in that Chelsea dressing room, and he will know how to avoid mistakes in future. I'm not against Rooney, but I do favour Frank based on his first season at Chelsea, and the fact he clearly improved players like James and Mount, to the point where they became CL winners soon after.

Up the Tooffes

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 15.50.53.png

What, Alonso was home grown talent? Rudiger? The guys Lamps put on the bench and then put the CL cup in under Tuchel? Come on. Lamps was clueless. Maybe one day hell become a good manager but at Chelsea he was the proverbial rabit caught in the headlights.
Mount and James are arguably Chelsea's two best players. They were nurtured and promoted by Lampard.

It's churlish to deny him his input. Tuchel himself stated Lampard laid the foundations for him to step into.

This is a weird attitude to be honest.

Now I’ll start by saying I in no way think Sharp should have been appointed to the board.

But half the people on here know who Kovac is. Not unreasonable that a former professional footballer who has remained in and around the game for the following 30yrs would know who the fella is.

Their playing careers even overlapped by 6 or 7yrs.

I’ve heard him on the radio. An expert on European football he is not.

Lampard has got top 4 in the PL before and managed under the pressure of a huge club. I also feel he will probably have learned a lot from being in that Chelsea dressing room, and he will know how to avoid mistakes in future. I'm not against Rooney, but I do favour Frank based on his first season at Chelsea, and the fact he clearly improved players like James and Mount, to the point where they became CL winners soon after.
Its difficult to know with young players how much they've improved because of the manager and how much is just them being good players reaching an age where they can play so it might be Lampard developing them or it might just be that he was in charge when they hit their stride its hard to tell. Thats not to rubbish the idea of Lampard its just that I think people are thinking he'd come in and do the same here but if the quality of player isn't the same he probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.