New DOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard enough to get one of Potter / Ashworth. Let alone both.

Southampton fought hard to keep Koeman. As did Watford with Silva. Pity both didn't succeed. And then we had notions about ourselves.

We don't any longer. Not saying Potter wouldn't come but both is unlikely. I think there is almost a perverse appeal to the managers job now in almost "I double dare you" sense but Brighton would just see $$$$$$ beyond whats reasonable to get both. Money we don't have.

Also if we really want to keep going ahead with the DOF model, something I'm a big fan of, wouldn't make it more sense and also send out a signal, if we finalized that search first? Get the DOF in and let him identify the manager he wants.

This all day long, ask the new man to please get the structure in place and pick a manger (potter obviously) and it will also allow him to get players that suit the manager lined up for the summer.

Oh well we can dream I suppose of having a plan. Fly by the seat of our pants all the way at Everton.

Apart from making Brighton a bang average semi-stable prem team who are a few bad runs from relegation battles, what are his credentials to be a worthy appointment ?

Brighton are an incredibly well-run club and Ashworth is a big part of that.

Everton are crying out for a strategy with competent people in decision-making positions

If we were genuinely going to appoint a DOF and give him all the autonomy that a proper DOF needs to have then he'd be an excellent appointment. If we are going to continue to have an owner who continues to meddle when he fancies playing with his toy or thinking he knows better than the DOF who to employ as a manager, then we may as well not bother.

In an ideal world, I'd rather get the DOF appointment right and be patient on the manager appointment given the DOF should be the one to dictate the strategy and decide who the most appropriate appointment would be

This all day long, ask the new man to please get the structure in place and pick a manger (potter obviously) and it will also allow him to get players that suit the manager lined up for summer.

Oh well we can dream I suppose of having a plan. Seat of the pants all the way at Everton.
I know, I know, it's completely ridiculous even thinking about being run properly as an ambitious football club.?

For all the tuggery over Brighton - they finished 16th last season and are currently 9th.

At least when we chased the likes of Walsh and Koeman they were at title winning Leicester & Europe playing 5th placed Southampton.

i see don Hutchinson keeps tweeting about them both and saying how great they are then keeps adding the #everton at the end, which i find a little odd as i think he's just taken a new role within brighton

He looks like he may have the right expierence and competency for the role mate.

Honestly think either Rooney and Lampard are bad, in-fact very poor decisions for a manager.
Me personally am starting to warm more and more to the idea of Rooney as manager. But in order for him, or any manager to be a success here, Moshiri has to change. And I honestly think that's our biggest problem.

For all the tuggery over Brighton - they finished 16th last season and are currently 9th.

At least when we chased the likes of Walsh and Koeman they were at title winning Leicester & Europe playing 5th placed Southampton.

It's the potential of Brighton, though. Most can see how they are progressing under Potter and Ashworth and how they would be much better of with a top slotter. They are a club in ascendancy.

Me personally am starting to warm more and more to the idea of Rooney as manager. But in order for him, or any manager to be a success here, Moshiri has to change. And I honestly think that's our biggest problem.

I think it’s bananas myself mate, terrifies me.

If he hadn’t of came through and played at Everton, say he came through at Arsenal. Would we be going to Derby to employ their manager based on their managerial competency - no way - because it’s bananas.

The rest of the club is a basket case agreed, but I think Rooney just adds to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.