Everton looking to poach Brighton's technical director Dan Ashworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenSeagull

Player Valuation: £100k
(I'm a Brighton fan) Couldn't see a thread on this. Apologies if I've missed it but thought you might be interested in this bit of news.

Apparently you're looking at trying to get Ashworth in as technical director to restructure the club and get it going in the right direction. For those that don't know, Ashworth was previously the technical director at West Brom and then the FA. This recent article from the Newcastle Chronicle explains far better than I can why Newcastle are also keen to get him in to restructure their club.

1642688061137.png

Obviously, as a Brighton fan I want Ashworth to stay at Brighton. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to boast that our recent signings since his appointment have been some of the shrewdest of any PL club: Lamptey, Cucurella, Mwepu, Kozlowski, Webster. He's also had a hand in our youth development (now rated by many as one of the best in the country) and our women's team. I'm under no illusions though that there's a limit to what he can achieve with Brighton and he will almost certainly leave in the near to mid-future and as a football fan I'd prefer him to go to a club like Everton rather than Newcastle. I've got no issue with the fans, it's their human rights abusing owners. I think it's no coincidence too that only a few days ago, Brighton announced that they'd promoted David Weir to assistant technical director.

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on. Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for letting me post on this forum.

He certainly seems highly thought of and many of his signings at Brighton have indeed turned out very well.

(I'm a Brighton fan) Couldn't see a thread on this. Apologies if I've missed it but thought you might be interested in this bit of news.

Apparently you're looking at trying to get Ashworth in as technical director to restructure the club and get it going in the right direction. For those that don't know, Ashworth was previously the technical director at West Brom and then the FA. This recent article from the Newcastle Chronicle explains far better than I can why Newcastle are also keen to get him in to restructure their club.

View attachment 152787

Obviously, as a Brighton fan I want Ashworth to stay at Brighton. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to boast that our recent signings since his appointment have been some of the shrewdest of any PL club: Lamptey, Cucurella, Mwepu, Kozlowski, Webster. He's also had a hand in our youth development (now rated by many as one of the best in the country) and our women's team. I'm under no illusions though that there's a limit to what he can achieve with Brighton and he will almost certainly leave in the near to mid-future and as a football fan I'd prefer him to go to a club like Everton rather than Newcastle. I've got no issue with the fans, it's their human rights abusing owners. I think it's no coincidence too that only a few days ago, Brighton announced that they'd promoted David Weir to assistant technical director.

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on. Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for letting me post on this forum.
Hi, I'm a West Brom fan and already said on this site that Dan was the best DOF we ever had, have seen Newcastle also trying to get him beside Everton

Lets give him the job then so moshiri can go over his head and sign a few no marks for £40m a piece.
I wonder if you're being a bit hard on Moshiri here. It might be that Moshiri is keen to get someone in to run the club for him but lacks the expertise to do that. The sacking of your head of recruitment and also a senior member of your medical team looks very much like a ham-fisted attempt at trying to have Benitez in charge.

Brighton - well run club with a good manager and a great youth system

Everton - badly run club with no manager, a bunch of charlatans and youth players who barely get a chance and want to leave us

no brainer for Dan this one
Yes...but he left his England post, just as his hard work was all coming good, to join a club that was a hot favourite for relegation in 2019. Chris Hughton was still in charge when Ashworth joined Brighton.

Isn't the only source for this the prestigious 90mins.com? Not exactly holding my breath like (though we are crying out for someone like him).

Brighton - well run club with a good manager and a great youth system

Everton - badly run club with no manager, a bunch of charlatans and youth players who barely get a chance and want to leave us

no brainer for Dan this one
Well if he could fix us, he'd probably end up on the radar of every big club in europe, given the size of our mess.

Has there been a solid source for this? I personally couldn’t see him coming to us knowing the interference that goes on from the owner

Status
Not open for further replies.