Everton looking to poach Brighton's technical director Dan Ashworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The position we are in now is a prime example of the importance of a competent and backed DOF. I dont believe brands was given the power and backing necessary. And now we are left with a squad made up of Moshiri's friends castoffs and and number of players that were brought in to fit a specific system that was gone 4 managers ago.

I truly hope Everton brings in a DOF that makes it clear that he isnt coming unless Moshiri stays out of his way and lets him run a team properly. A competent and backed DOF, in my opinion, is vastly more important than a manager and should be given the power to run an organization with a long term view.

I would love to bring in Ashworth and hopefully he understands never to come here unless mosh has given him assurances that he will allow Ashworth to make ALL personnel decisions.

(I'm a Brighton fan) Couldn't see a thread on this. Apologies if I've missed it but thought you might be interested in this bit of news.

Apparently you're looking at trying to get Ashworth in as technical director to restructure the club and get it going in the right direction. For those that don't know, Ashworth was previously the technical director at West Brom and then the FA. This recent article from the Newcastle Chronicle explains far better than I can why Newcastle are also keen to get him in to restructure their club.

View attachment 152787

Obviously, as a Brighton fan I want Ashworth to stay at Brighton. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to boast that our recent signings since his appointment have been some of the shrewdest of any PL club: Lamptey, Cucurella, Mwepu, Kozlowski, Webster. He's also had a hand in our youth development (now rated by many as one of the best in the country) and our women's team. I'm under no illusions though that there's a limit to what he can achieve with Brighton and he will almost certainly leave in the near to mid-future and as a football fan I'd prefer him to go to a club like Everton rather than Newcastle. I've got no issue with the fans, it's their human rights abusing owners. I think it's no coincidence too that only a few days ago, Brighton announced that they'd promoted David Weir to assistant technical director.

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on. Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for letting me post on this forum.
Sadly the way Everton is run, the worst thing he could do is come here.

Marcel brands had no real control whilst he was here and many signings were done by the board or the managers request, hence the terrible misjointed squad.

We do need someone to come in and completely revamp the club and get it working competently from top to bottom, that would be a long answer that I'm sure you don't want in terms of our background personell issues!

Short to say , imagine hiring someone to run a company and then telling said person they aren't really running it and to do as their told instead...that is Everton.

Has there been a solid source for this? I personally couldn’t see him coming to us knowing the interference that goes on from the owner
This is the original source from 90mins website. I've always considered them a fairly reliable source

1642692836819.png

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on.

I heard the same thing with Marcel Brands and Steve Walsh.

(I'm a Brighton fan) Couldn't see a thread on this. Apologies if I've missed it but thought you might be interested in this bit of news.

Apparently you're looking at trying to get Ashworth in as technical director to restructure the club and get it going in the right direction. For those that don't know, Ashworth was previously the technical director at West Brom and then the FA. This recent article from the Newcastle Chronicle explains far better than I can why Newcastle are also keen to get him in to restructure their club.

View attachment 152787

Obviously, as a Brighton fan I want Ashworth to stay at Brighton. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to boast that our recent signings since his appointment have been some of the shrewdest of any PL club: Lamptey, Cucurella, Mwepu, Kozlowski, Webster. He's also had a hand in our youth development (now rated by many as one of the best in the country) and our women's team. I'm under no illusions though that there's a limit to what he can achieve with Brighton and he will almost certainly leave in the near to mid-future and as a football fan I'd prefer him to go to a club like Everton rather than Newcastle. I've got no issue with the fans, it's their human rights abusing owners. I think it's no coincidence too that only a few days ago, Brighton announced that they'd promoted David Weir to assistant technical director.

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on. Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for letting me post on this forum.
Send Cucurella and young Evan Ferguson with him and im all in

This is the original source from 90mins website. I've always considered them a fairly reliable source

View attachment 152796

Not sure they're particularly reliable, you've quoted a link there about Ferguson wanting the job permanently when the interview earlier from him pretty much confirms that isn't the case.

I think in our desperation for good news or signs of lessons being learnt we're quite willing to lap up anything at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.