Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw enough 2nd half to see that we'll be mid table end of Feb imo.

We had chances that with more match sharpness from our returning players would have been goals.

The young options need a strong top notch DOF.

The older options are a pure panic move and offer no guarantees.

Head says the players will respond to Ferguson over the coming few games.

Allardyce would play the same way we did today -- only difference would be Coleman + Keane starting and us losing by more goals and having less chances.

I agree. I can’t see getting Sam or his like just to put out the fire and then we have another managers contract to buy out. Dunc can do enough to stop the slide although his team selection must improve.

Just imagine Allardyce’s face if we went back to him with an S.O.S - I’d have to stop supporting the club then.

Just imagine Allardyce’s face if we went back to him with an S.O.S - I’d have to stop supporting the club then.
newFile-3.jpg

The emphasis is because we didn't test their goalkeeper. Thats a pretty basic metric of whether a team looks likely to score.

The set up was identical to Benitez. Long ball 442. Townsend accommodated to the detriment of the side. No quality at full back to give service to our forwards. Outnumbered in the middle of the park by a side with the extra man.

Yeah maybe we had slightly more intensity. But what was the difference? It was more of the same to me in a game that was there for the taking.

We created chances.

Didn't take them.

Hence my opinion on another day we get a decent result.

That would have been a point the way the season has gone.

I was in the 'Dunc til the end of the season' camp but in his post-match interview I thought he sounded like he knew he was out of his depth for a permanent position. I know those players could break any manager but he sounded broken after one game.

With a two week break and a week of the transfer window left we need an appointment early next week. There's no point letting the players getting used to Duncan then have them adjusting to the next man when the two week break is the opportunity for someone to get started.

And to those crying how he got it 'badly wrong' and 'complete disaster', 'cant defend that lineup' etc - maybe offer an opinion on what you'd have done differently.

Well I will give you a starter for ten.

You play both the full backs DBB describes as 'two of the best young full backs in Europe integral to our future plans'.

You remove Godfrey from LB and give him a chance to forge a career as a CB alongside Mina.

This then allows Gray more freedom rather than having no over lap, continually receiving the ball in a poor position.

You play Gordon who has been our best player for the past couple of months.

You work on set pieces. We had four set piece takers today. Obviously there is no planning and it was a lottery who took them.

Its not rocket science. Play players in their positions and your form players.

JJK is out of contract in the summer and he's seen as better choice than either our club captain or the guy we spent 16m on.

He's royally messed it up. An absolute disgrace of a selection and tactic choice.

We created chances.

Didn't take them.

Hence my opinion on another day we get a decent result.

That would have been a point the way the season has gone.

We definitely didn't show enough quality to win the game. We need a manager who will get us to play with clear patterns and demands to be brave in possession. The standard of play this season has been totally pathetic. We are the worst team in possession by far in this league. That goes back to coaching because coaches in far lesser leagues with far lesser players can manage it.

I expected much better from Duncan. I thought he would recognise the need to move away from the Benitez brand of turgid football but we got exactly the same tactics, selections, system and style.

We definitely didn't show enough quality to win the game. We need a manager who will get us to play with clear patterns and demands to be brave in possession. The standard of play this season has been totally pathetic. We are the worst team in possession by far in this league. That goes back to coaching because coaches in far lesser leagues with far lesser players can manage it.

I expected much better from Duncan. I thought he would recognise the need to move away from the Benitez brand of turgid football but we got exactly the same tactics, selections, system and style.

17th time this season we've conceded 1st.

Well I will give you a starter for ten.

You play both the full backs DBB describes as 'two of the best young full backs in Europe integral to our future plans'.

Maybe we give the manager job to her then mate eh?

You remove Godfrey from LB and give him a chance to forge a career as a CB alongside Mina.

Disagree myself.

I said before the game in the match thread that I'd not play Mykolenko and play Godfrey there instead.

This then allows Gray more freedom rather than having no over lap, continually receiving the ball in a poor position.

Does it yeah? How?

You play Gordon who has been our best player for the past couple of months.

Yeah this is the one change I'd have said.

Maybe Ferguson thought he needed an impact player available - Gordon himself admits he struggles with stamina/lasting a full game/

You work on set pieces. We had four set piece takers today. Obviously there is no planning and it was a lottery who took them.

He's been in the job for 4 days mate.

days.

Its not rocket science. Play players in their positions and your form players.

JJK is out of contract in the summer and he's seen as better choice than either our club captain or the guy we spent 16m on.

I've not seen Patterson kick a ball.

I doubt you have either.

He's royally messed it up. An absolute disgrace of a selection and tactic choice.

"An absolute disgrace"

Perfect example of what I mean when I think one or two need to give their head a wobble and melodramatic.

Ok mate. Have to agree to disagree.

I think we created more chances than Aston Villa - and they won the game like.

Status
Not open for further replies.