Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going for a rookie manager in this situation would just be suicidal. Martinez would ensure relegation. I’d support Allardyce as interim until the end of the season. He’d edge us over the line. This lot can’t deal with proper football, I’m sorry the talent, intelligence and concentration just isn’t there to do it. We need a manager who will set us up sitting deep with a counter attack threat for the rest of the season.

I agree.

I think idealistic appointments need to be parked for a bit. Allardyce of Dyche for me.

With our one shot on target and hoof ball tactics? Give over.

I love Ferguson but hes just shown in that game why he should be no where near the management.

Villa got their goal and sat back because that's all they needed to do to get the 3 points.

We were terrible, if thats what being an everton play means to the players then were screwed.

Well what type of football were we playing under the ex-champions league, Real Madrid and Chelsea boss?

Dyche is bottom of the league. Everton have made some mad decisions but taking the manager from a team below them in the league to save them from relegation would be bonkers.

With a terrible team, who have lost their best player, with about 5 games in hand. He has kept them up most seasons, against the odds.

He’s the best of all the managers linked with us. The club is a complete shambles top to bottom. None of them have a clue. We can’t be giving this to a rookie.

Hes said hes staying at Roma. But even if we hired Mourinho (who i really like) its a panic move.

I saw enough 2nd half to see that we'll be mid table end of Feb imo.

With our one shot on target and hoof ball tactics? Give over.

I love Ferguson but hes just shown in that game why he should be no where near the management.

Villa got their goal and sat back because that's all they needed to do to get the 3 points.

We were terrible, if thats what being an everton play means to the players then were screwed.

We had chances that with more match sharpness from our returning players would have been goals.

I'd love Mourinho, but doubt it's a possibility until hes sacked.

I think Allardyce and Dyche should be on the list. The thought of Lampard or Rooney terrifies me to be quite honest.

The young options need a strong top notch DOF.

The older options are a pure panic move and offer no guarantees.

Head says the players will respond to Ferguson over the coming few games.

Going for a rookie manager in this situation would just be suicidal. Martinez would ensure relegation. I’d support Allardyce as interim until the end of the season. He’d edge us over the line. This lot can’t deal with proper football, I’m sorry the talent, intelligence and concentration just isn’t there to do it. We need a manager who will set us up sitting deep with a counter attack threat for the rest of the season.

Allardyce would play the same way we did today -- only difference would be Coleman + Keane starting and us losing by more goals and having less chances.

Just seen his BBC interview and the interviewer asked him about the fans venting their frustration post match and he replied that "it's not nice when the fans are reacting like that".

Wow.

Better today, much.

Not yet good enough.
Statements like this confuse me.

1 attempt on target, no shots in the first half. Lots of huff and puff but still no real fluidity. Can’t string passes together at all. Played two in the middle even though everyone knows that we can’t play with two.

Gordon was the only bright spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.