Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My view on today... If anyone is interested.

4-4-2 was predictable but again out numbered in the CM 3 v 2 and even more when Coutinho and Buendia came infield, a coach carrying on the same 2 in CM ideas of the previous regime, which was disappointing. Line up was disappointing and the 2 we thought might play bad did play badly.

Who plays 4-4-2 in this day and age? Dyche (Burnley), Howe (Bournemouth), Hassenhuttl (Southampton) & Dean Smith more recently at Norwich. Do we aspire to be like them?

I had hoped for more but more under Dunc, Newcastle will be very very tough and I wouldnt back us to beat them and then we are right in the middle of it. We really could be in the think of a relegation fight, just 4 points from the bottom 3.

We need a manager and a DoF ASAP to put us on the right path..... Feeling really despondent regarding Everton these days, losing game after game is hard to take, this trend I fear is irreversible and we are going.

I don't know how old some of the posters are on this thread, but if you are asking would any of us support Everton in a lower division....:coffee:

The results are bad and the quality of players/managers is not what it used to be.

But you always support your team.
You will love them and you will hate them.
If struggling, mostly hate them, but you will always support them.

Up the toffees.
Absolutely 100% correct.

I thought dropping Keane and Coleman was the right call, given how they've been playing and we might consider ourselves unfortunate not to have got something from the game.

I couldn't fault the players for effort but it was agricultural stuff really and not very smart to play that way with Mings winning so much in the air. It also really negated Gray, who has been excellent this season. As many others have pointed out, our midfield is a problem and I'd much rather we played an extra midfielder and played a front 3.

I think we're well and truly in the relegation mix. We haven't controlled a game all season, no established centre back pairing or settled back 4, a similar story in midfield and any team will fancy their chances. Our forwards are decent players but stand a better chance of making an impact if the ball is on the floor considerably more than it was today.

Even more concerning is the two players who we’ve recently signed who were eligible were not even on bench!!
Kind of makes our situation even worse. And I’m not questioning Dunc by this comment.
I can sort of understand it today. It was a big game because of our situation, in all respects. mykolenko needed taking out of the firing line after the cup game. Patterson, is more questionable.
They'll get their chances. And prove their worth.

I can sort of understand it today. It was a big game because of our situation, in all respects. mykolenko needed taking out of the firing line after the cup game. Patterson, is more questionable.
They'll get their chances. And prove their worth.

Have to say Dunc could have done better with his selection (watching FSW too much). For me a chance should have been taken with Myko and Patterson (how could he think Kenny was any good? They would have been quicker and more upto getting their tackles etc in. CBs should have been Godfrey and Mina. Gordon should have been on from start not Townsend that may have helped MF but that was weak. Upfront okay with the 3 but DCL should have been replaced by Dobbin at 60 mins.

Cannot understand how Dunc selected that team and thought those individuals mentioned were better?????

Sorry but shows poor judgement, cannot be full time.

We are in serious danger. Previous manager plays a massive part. Ownership plays a massive part as does the playing staff

We need to start playing with the ball on the deck, not lumping stuff long. Pass to feet, quickly, and commit players and attack with some creativity

You could see the difference on the ball between the two teams Toff, Villa went forward it was one touch footy, players in space, ping, ping, ping, we went forward it was laboured, no movement, no one wanted to get on the ball, we took that long it allowed Villa players to get back in position.

Status
Not open for further replies.