Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being honest, if I spend 16m on a RB I play him.
He's the future of the position and we must back our moves in the market by giving him game time.

I dont play the guy who is out of contract soon and hasn't ever been good enough, nor the guy who's been flogged like a dead horse.

But he didnt spend 16m on him (I believe the club paid 11m initially).

And honestly, the club cant really be worried about the long term currently. We have to play who is best placed for the next 20 games. If that's Patterson then so be it.

Being honest, if I spend 16m on a RB I play him.
He's the future of the position and we must back our moves in the market by giving him game time.

I dont play the guy who is out of contract soon and hasn't ever been good enough, nor the guy who's been flogged like a dead horse.
I don't think the transfer fee comes into it. Ferguson didn't spend that money.

I don't rate JJK but I'm not down at Finch Farm everyday so don't know why he started. Maybe Patterson looks off the pace and is struggling to adapt? It's not beyond the realms that a young player doesn't hit the ground running after a season on the Ranger's bench.

Not playing a couple of games directly after signing isn't the death knell of a players future at a club or a halt to their development.

Can't understand why gordon wasn't selected to start. Townsend has been off it for months now, gordon has been one of our few good performers all season. Is football really that difficult where people can't see these things?

That’s why I put “must win” in quotations. But whilst you can think the next three fixtures are not must win, I think many would argue that they are certainty “must not lose”.

Also getting 5 wins out of 18, when so far we’ve got five wins out of 20 so far this season isn’t exactly clear cut.
I think thats far way to phrase that in relation to Newcastle and Brentford in the cup as they are of a similar ilk in the league. To say we need evidence/points from those matches I think is fair.

Listen there are no easy answers, there is a reason the club in the state it is. I just go by the odds, the injuries we suffered over the first half, Benitez being stubborn despite evidence and weight there is a more than 80% chance we stay up.

And when I compare that to the board hiring a manager whilst under review, without DoF installed or making the appointment, I both am not sure massive immediate improvement is likely compared to Dunc while thinking that sets us up for far more peril in the future seasons. The club has to sort out its structure longterm more so than it has to prioritize a relegation scrap by all indications to assure they wont be in a more serious one in the future. One more poor window post some likely big outbounds in the summer and we wont recover.

Today was the only game he'll be in charge for. He's not really up to it. Rooney or Lampard will have him forced on him though.

Dont think the manager can do anything about Mina not directing 2 headers with the keeper stranded.
Or Dom not scoring from 6 yrds out.

Your manager moan is just silly.

The manager can change and influence the game. He didn't, he saw that we were struggling to create clear chances and he sat their playing the same 442 all game and kept pickford banging it long.

The simple fact of the matter is if benitez had of been in charge of the game today we'd all be ripping the back end off him and rightly so.

Whats silly is People lying to themselves about todays game because they like the guy in charge.

The manager can change and influence the game. He didn't, he saw that we were struggling to create clear chances and he sat their playing the same 442 all game and kept pickford banging it long.

The simple fact of the matter is if benitez had of been in charge of the game today we'd all be ripping the back end off him and rightly so.

Whats silly is People lying to themselves about todays game because they like the guy in charge.
I couldnt give a chuff about Duncan tbh

You want to have a go at him thats fine.

But again
WE COULD & SHOULD HAVE SCORED 3 GOALS TODAY.

Doesnt matter who the manager on the line is , them chances where created and should have been tucked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.