Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
But playing Godfrey totally limits the attacker in front of him. It's nonsensical.

Gray was more or less redundant today because of Godfreys lack of left foot

I thought Gray was ok.

Either way, compromises are going to have to be made, and solidity at fullback is going to be critical in my view.

I think Gray would be better playing as a winger in a front 3.

I'm not.
I'm asking why we have a fully fit squad to choose from bar Delph and we play our soon to be our of contract RB above our club captain or our new RB.

Kenny gave the ball away 5 times in the first half alone.
If he'd started Patterson and he played poorly or even made a crucial mistake would you.....

A - Ask why he started Patterson over Coleman/Kenny
B - Acknowledge that there was a case to be made for dropping Coleman/Kenny

If he'd started Coleman and he played poorly or even made a crucial mistake would you.....

A - Ask why he started Coleman over Patterson/Kenny
B - Acknowledge that there was a case to be made for not starting Patterson/Kenny

I've a feeling the answer would always be A.

I thought Gray was ok.

Either way, compromises are going to have to be made, and solidity at fullback is going to be critical in my view.

I think Gray would be better playing as a winger in a front 3.

I thought he was totally out of the game tbh.

He had to over compensate for Godfrey who was unnaturally having to pass to him and consequently it was nearly always behind him rather than giving him something to run on to.

I thought we did enough to get a point in all honesty, plenty of pressure second half with not much quality, needed Mina to bury one of those chances.

Read somewhere that Ferguson was in tears at the end, I love the guy but we desperately need to find someone with an experienced and calm head to get us out of this mess. Still half a season to go..so if we make the right appointment now we have enough time to rectify things.

He really restored some pride in the club but honestly he has sat watching us struggle in the middle of midfield and he does the same thing.

I think his time has passed, I'd love him to step down from first team roles and work with the academy.

Patterson has played little football yet he's played more than Kenny over the last 12 months.
There is a reason Kenny is running out of contract and likes of Celtic didn't take him on. He's league one at best.

I havent seen enough of Patterson to make any judgement.

I've seen enough of Coleman to say, whatever level people think Kenny is at, that is a higher one than Coleman is playing at.

Given where we are at, I think short term necessity outweighs long term planning.

I thought he was totally out of the game tbh.

He had to over compensate for Godfrey who was unnaturally having to pass to him and consequently it was nearly always behind him rather than giving him something to run on to.

Fair enough. We see it differently. I think he is a better option at LB than Mykolenko over the next 6 months.

If he'd started Patterson and he played poorly or even made a crucial mistake would you.....

A - Ask why he started Patterson over Coleman/Kenny
B - Acknowledge that there was a case to be made for dropping Coleman/Kenny

If he'd started Coleman and he played poorly or even made a crucial mistake would you.....

A - Ask why he started Coleman over Patterson/Kenny
B - Acknowledge that there was a case to be made for not starting Patterson/Kenny

I've a feeling the answer would always be A.

Being honest, if I spend 16m on a RB I play him.
He's the future of the position and we must back our moves in the market by giving him game time.

I dont play the guy who is out of contract soon and hasn't ever been good enough, nor the guy who's been flogged like a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.