Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, the potential to transfer his natural footballing talent, and a wealth of experience playing for one of the best managers in the games history into his managerial style would be a start.

Safe to say you wouldn’t want Ryan Giggs or Andy Cole managing us though.

Just another comment on who our next manager should be.
Some one......anyone...who addresses our midfield. It's been a problem now for a number of seasons. When was the last time that we could say that we had a proper Midfield. Maybe when we had one decent midfielder , we were then held back by two useless midfielders.... So it's a manager that addresses our midfield for me. Who that is. Well who knows.
The whole team of course needs addressed. But just get the midfield right first. What is it with managers playing only two in that position?

Honestly mate, I'm not sure why Monaco should have been on the heels of PSG. 6th seems a resonable return for me, especially after being 3rd the season before.

Look at the Monaco squad. How many get into our matchday squad...id say quite a lot.

Don’t compare him to Benitez, it’s ridiculous and you’re actually weakening your own points - irrelevant as they are anyway.
We dont know, he could be amazing. But he has a record of poor player management.
We do, but I don't think Kovac would get this team winning games mate.
He may do well initially.
Yeah the Ferguson experiment yesterday left me thinking the modern game has moved on
Would you say the same if we had put away one of the 6 or so chances and drawn?
This. Cooper is a progressive, successful manager who would build something. If we’re genuinely considering Rooney then Cooper should definitely be on the list and interviewed.
100%
Hopefully, the potential to transfer his natural footballing talent, and a wealth of experience playing for one of the best managers in the games history into his managerial style would be a start.
Well worded and well said.
That's my thing with Kovac. In 18 months we'd be looking for a new manager anyway but the squad would be in equally a poor place potentially (okay maybe not that bad but still...). It feels like he had lightning in a bottle with that Frankfurt side.

If we're going to just go for a manager for 18 months then have that be the plan and go all out for Favre. Just make it clear that the plan is 18-30 months, we want him to be the manager to a) stabilise after the Benitez madness then b) build next season.
Not sold on Favre. Kovac could be good till end of season but thats it for me.
You probably know better than me mate, but at Frankfurt and Monaco he went to teams underachieving in the bottom 6, and got them up the league. To me that gives his a chance.
As above...
And yeah I would rather have Rooney out of all the ones they've currently interviewed that we know of.
Him or Lampard for me.
You’ve actually gone into highly detailed analysis of Kovac in an attempt to dismiss him.

You have no such data to draw on for Rooney to make a judgement, yet give him a pass?

You’re all over the place.
This post doesnt make sense. If youre using analytics you can only calculate based on what you have.

I would steer clear of managers in foreign leagues who know little about the PL and zero about our players. There is too little time left in this season for such people to spend several weeks finding their feet. Having said that, it reduces our choices, and we constantly see the likes of Rooney, and Lampard popping up. Even Big Sam is now getting mentioned by some. Desperate times.

Allardyce would be perfect right now, but as usual he was another one who was hounded by idiot fans even though he was the only manager post Moyes who actually did he job he was paid for.
As ive correctly pointed out many times we never should of sacked him to bring in SIlva at the stage of Marcos career, it was sucide, typical of Moshris Everton
Mate I went vs Newcastle and the stadium was empty, he was bought in for no reason as we where safe before he took over, the football was tragic. Cost me £6 to get a seat in the GS right behind the goal and the all the seats around me where empty. He had a real chance to he was a decent manager.. he didn’t

We played 4-4-2 and ge talked about the players 'being in no uncertain terms about what it means to play for Everton'..

He bought the fans a drink, he was wearing an Everton wrist band. He was pumping the crowd up and urging the players on.

Basic tactics (nothing more basic than 4-4-2) and trying to inspire.

Pretty simple Dave. Doesn't mean it was effective.

Yeah true forget about Todgers sorry! although for him he seems to have a good 2-3 seasons at a club then it starts going downhill (you're starting to see the Leicester slide now). Once Vardy loses that yard of pace I think they'll hit a stumbling block with him.

Kovac/Mourinho in the summer for me with Dunc until the seasons end to steer us to 15th safety.
Thankfully Mourinho isn't interested in our job and says he will see out his current 3 year contract at Roma. I say thankfully because he would be every bit as bad as Benitez was and he's just the kind of manager our Iranian lunatic would go for. The one upside Mourinho would have over Benitez is that the press conferences would at least be watchable.

Mate I went vs Newcastle and the stadium was empty, he was bought in for no reason as we where safe before he took over, the football was tragic. Cost me £6 to get a seat in the GS right behind the goal and the all the seats around me where empty. He had a real chance to he was a decent manager.. he didn’t
Yeah but he knew he was done before the season even ended, just look at his socks here, he was taking abuse so took the piss back, but he never should of got any abuse in the first place, regardless I dont think we would of gone down without him but we did get better under him, post Moyes he has been the only one who didnt take us backwards.

4789BDCA00000578-0-image-a-2_1514031876010.jpg

Spot on. We should only appoint someone because they're the right appointment due to their managerial ability and fitting the ethos and direction of the club.

Their playing career is the tiniest of factors, if not irrelevant.
Since when did we appoint the right manager? This bunch of idiots running the club havnt got a clue

Rooney is the least experienced manager who would ever be linked with us. If he wasn’t a blue we’d be laughing/crying at the thought of him being the man to save us. Our blue tinted specs are seriously clouding our logic here

Its been said before but some managers who have been top players have gone straight into jobs and done really well.

A manager may be shocking at one club but amazing in another...its so hard to know how Rooney would do.

The initial questions id ask would be:

1: Would he inspire the players
2: Is he tactically astute
3: Will he save us from relegation

Yeah but he knew he was done before the season even ended, just look at his socks here, he was taking abuse so took the piss back, but he never should of got any abuse in the first place, regardless I dont think we would of gone down without him but we did get better under him, post Moyes he has been the only one who didnt take us backwards.

View attachment 153124

I dont get the hate for Allardyce.

Hired to do a job.
Completed his assignment.
Left.

He did big himself up as taking us from 17th into top half but in reality it was 13th and up a few positions.

Missed his chance to showcase exciting football when we were already safe...no idea why he didnt try to update the dross on the pitch we watched.

Its been said before but some managers who have been top players have gone straight into jobs and done really well.

A manager may be shocking at one club but amazing in another...its so hard to know how Rooney would do.

The initial questions id ask would be:

1: Would he inspire the players
2: Is he tactically astute
3: Will he save us from relegation

I dont get the hate for Allardyce.

Hired to do a job.
Completed his assignment.
Left.

He did big himself up as taking us from 17th into top half but in reality it was 13th and up a few positions.

Missed his chance to showcase exciting football when we were already safe...no idea why he didnt try to update the dross on the pitch we watched.
Now is not the time to be taking that risk

Status
Not open for further replies.