Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new stadium in the pipeline and hundreds of millions invested. I'd have thought Moshiri would be desperate to get this situation solved.

He has 2 / 3 weeks. Because if it goes beyond that point and we're defeated by Newcastle the chances of handing a poison challice onto a decent manager might be all but gone.

We need to see urgency. No hiding behind 'strategic reviews'. Get a new manager in. Now.

Wouldn’t put it past Everton to announce the Italian bloke cos Kia involved.
Rooney and Lampard are young coaches who hopefully u see what you need in today’s type of football.
Lampard will be less liked then Rooney.
I think Rooney is the go to
I think it could well be Rooney simply because they are unable to pull a rabbit out of the hat this time that would be acclaimed as a statement (as Carlo was) or soon enough to make a material difference. And Moshiri loves a star, which Rooney is. He might have to settle for him, but what a gamble that will be...

I'd rather Favre than Kovac short-term.

Favre's work at Gladbach and Nice especially would suggest he would be really what we needed.

Also in his first season at Dortmund, he got them their third-ever best points total and only Tuchel had a better winning percentage with them.
I don't disagree with that shout, Favre is who we should have gone after immediately after Martinez was sacked. They didn't and here we are. He's quite a bit on the older side tho.

Interesting that Chelsea have always been a 3/5 at the back team and in recent games they`ve gone 4-3-3, Spurs today are 4-4-2 when Conte is traditionally a 3/5 at the back man.

I notice Potter went 4 at the back against us....

Moyes came from Preston because we were in no position whatsoever to appoint a proven manager befitting the stature of one of the great English clubs. That's because Kenwright did not have the means. Moyes would not have been appointed had we the finances befitting our status. Today, we have the means to appoint a person such as Ancelotti. So why are we now settling for a Norwich City target who has achieved nothing in the game?
Because we spent sooo much money we are on the verge of failing Profit and Loss. We have no money to spend

Moyes came from Preston because we were in no position whatsoever to appoint a proven manager befitting the stature of one of the great English clubs. That's because Kenwright did not have the means. Moyes would not have been appointed had we the finances befitting our status. Today, we have the means to appoint a person such as Ancelotti. So why are we now settling for a Norwich City target who has achieved nothing in the game?
I think it’s more about strategy. Going for. A young up and coming manager.

Who would you want then?

Because we spent sooo much money we are on the verge of failing Profit and Loss. We have no money to spend
That changes come the summer. The situation begins to improve. There is a rebuilding job to do, no doubt about it, but there are the means to do that over time. In Bill's day, after Walter, there simply wasn't.

So we'll get the manager who Norwich City wanted. Cool. We used to be peers with Liverpool, Arsenal, and United, but after 25 years of Bill we are now appointing Norwich City targets as manager. Talk about decline. To be fair to Bill, we did actually appoint a Norwich City manager just before he took over... That didn't end well either.
Who do you want in mate? That we can realistically get like

I think it’s more about strategy. Going for. A young up and coming manager.

Who would you want then?
Honestly, I have no idea anymore. I am disillusioned by Everton and think every appointment now is fraught with risk. A tiny, stupid part of me thinks we may as well go all in on Rooney, if only for the drama factor and the box-office it is likely to be. But my better judgement says it will be a car crash. James Corbett's suggestion of Cahill as DoF, Rooney as Manager, and Carsley as coach is seductive. But it's more sentiment, isn't it? Are these people really the best people for these jobs? What a coincidence they all happen to be Evertonians...

Status
Not open for further replies.