Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby had a positive net spend the Summer he arrived and most were loans not saddling the club with long term wages. Not quite sure on this one. Unless you’re lobbing not getting promoted at him which is a bit extreme.
They had a positive net spend thanks to a big sale. He signed 12 players and Derby County never made a penny on single one of them. I'm obviously being exaggerative but Lampard has contributed to their financial situation the same way Allardyce did to us. He's splashed the cash and they all missed

Well i need to sleep just hope that the club have something else lined up. Honestly checking everyday for news about us just breaks you, just feel so far away from thr club atm

Vitor Pereira has managed in the Champions League with several clubs (I remember his famous Olympiacos team trouncing Arsenal) and he has won various leagues titles and trophies with Porto and Olympiacos. As assistant manager at Porto he actually won the UEFA Cup, or Europa League.

I like the guy, but he has no Premier League experience. To keep this squad of players in the Premier League we need an old hand, someone who is used to doing rescue jobs in the Premier League. Someone of the ilk of Big Sam. Not that I’m saying we should appoint Big Sam, but you get the idea.

They had a positive net spend thanks to a big sale. He signed 12 players and Derby County never made a penny on single one of them. I'm obviously being exaggerative but Lampard has contributed to their financial situation the same way Allardyce did to us. He's splashed the cash and they all missed

You might want to check on the status of said 12 signings before exaggerating so much. Not all signings are made to be moved on.

I don' t know much about Pereira to have an informed opinion about his style of play, tactics or player management skills. He may or may not keep us up ( the latter seem more probable). Should he be appointed, I really hope he does well as we badly need it.
However the lack of what would slightly resemble strategic thinking in this club is astonishing. We are in a middle of a relegation fight and in freefall, we just sacked an abhorrent arrogant fraud that devided all that could have been divided in the club and all we can come up with is a second rate Portuguese manager with an underwhelming CV who also appears to be a bit of a clown. It is plain to everybody to see that such an appointment will not immediately unite the fanbase and consolidate the club which is a must and yet this is blatantly ignored. The thought process of Moshiri, if there is any, is one to behold.

I think the right guy with the right credentials would be ok (let's say Garcia) - even with relegation - if it means we're going to stop regressing. I don't think you'd be able to pin relegation on him (barring a series of total disasters from here). But since the season has been a car crash from October onwards all we can hope for is some sort of improvement. I'd take 16th (or so) right now and all it needs is 4 or 5 wins!

Vitor Pereira has managed in the Champions League with several clubs (I remember his famous Olympiacos team trouncing Arsenal) and he has won various leagues titles and trophies with Porto and Olympiacos. As assistant manager at Porto he actually won the UEFA Cup, or Europa League.

I like the guy, but he has no Premier League experience. To keep this squad of players in the Premier League we need an old hand, someone who is used to doing rescue jobs in the Premier League. Someone of the ilk of Big Sam. Not that I’m saying we should appoint Big Sam, but you get the idea.
He also relegated 1860 Munich when they were in a similar position to us, and hasnt managed in any league other than a 2 team farmers league or the Chinese retirement village for years. If they hire this guy we are in serious trouble.

It comes to something when the fans know 564616168176867837167173173987137 times more than the owner of a football club...

RIP Everton

MOSHIRI HAS TO GO.........
If we don't go down this year, then it'll probably happen next season. Blue Bill sold this club to a mad man. There's nothing we can do though, but watch this ongoing car crash as it happens. So both Bill Kenwright and Farhad Moshiri, have destroyed this club imo. At least Peter Johnson won a trophy, when he was our chairman.

I may be jumping the gun here but if he makes pereira our next manager how many times is moshiri going to fall for the crap this joorabchian is spouting to him. For a billionaire he has the strangest ideas that make you think he's only made his money because of his involvement with usmanov if he hadn't met him he'd probably be working in his dads accounting firm doing the taxes of the local launderette.

He also relegated 1860 Munich when they were in a similar position to us, and hasnt managed in any league other than a 2 team farmers league or the Chinese retirement village for years. If they hire this guy we are in serious trouble.

1860 were already screwed in a number of ways before he got there. I'm not saying he's a world beater but that one isn't really on him.

1860 were already screwed in a number of ways before he got there. I'm not saying he's a world beater but that one isn't really on him.
How? He lost 11 of his 20 games with them with a 30% win percentage. He was brought in to keep them up... much like he has with us. It was also Moshiri's mate Kia Joorabchian who convinced the 1860 Munich board that he was the man for the job. The similarities are there to see.

I may be jumping the gun here but if he makes pereira our next manager how many times is moshiri going to fall for the crap this joorabchian is spouting to him. For a billionaire he has the strangest ideas that make you think he's only made his money because of his involvement with usmanov if he hadn't met him he'd probably be working in his dads accounting firm doing the taxes of the local launderette.

He made the money by advising on investments, and frankly he's brilliant in that sphere, completely different though when you're a. Dealing with your own money rather than being judged by the person whose money you're handling, and b. When you're managing a company rather than investing in well run ones where your profit is down to the people running the company making decisions rather than on choices you're making personally.

Clear as day on day one he needed to have hired a very serious CEO given the guy the access to all available funds and sat back and watched as the club progressed.

Example... him and Usmanov made an absolute fortune from investing in Facebook before it truly exploded into what it is now, imagine Facebook if he'd bought it and then started making the decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.