Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before we are not handcuffed from FFP?

Is it just until we sell someone big like DCL or will we eventually be able to spend?

Also, any manager willing to accept 6 months is a huge red flag for me. Clearly have little faith in their own ability and have no long term ambitions.

I'm not suggesting we offer 4 years either. But 18 months is the least a good manager would expect and is the right amount for our current situation. 6 months to keep us afloat, 12 months to improve us and you earn another couple of years.
These interim manager solutions are dangerous as you say. The other issue is the attitude of the players as well given that they know the manager is short term so why bother making an effort. Especially worrying given the attitude displayed by a number of the squad even when we have a permanent manager, or as permanent as you can get at Everton these days

….not a bad benchmark for Moshiri to consider;

CA48A9E8-3DA8-4B7E-9B82-598FE4F1FEAE.png

Maddock ran an article yesterday saying that Rooney was still in the picture but might be brought in alongside a more experienced interim manager.

So could it be VP and Rooney? One would be Moshiri’s pick and one would be Bills. VP is said to be strong tactically and at identifying/scouting players, Rooney would be there to motivate the players and create the link with the fans.

There was also an article yesterday saying that we were looking to sign a center mid and a right back, Rooney’s best two players at Derby are Knight and Ebosele a CM and a RB. With Derby’s fate being decided on Thursday we could have all three in place pretty easily without paying out too much.

All guess work but you never know?
Don't see the point really. You might as well pair Sam with Rooney or Dunc for the rest of the season.
He's already offered to help and wants Dunc to get the job so think fans would buy into it.
Dunc has stated also that Sam was one of his favourite managers to work with.

I think I could put up with 4 months of crying from some over Sam but if we are still in the PL come August then job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.