Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a 9? I mean he's actually a striker for one. I never said don't loan him anyway just it leaves us really thin. We saw that when DCL was out injured.

Yes I know we are short, but that's always been the case. I don't think Simms is the best option in an injury scenario any way. I thought Dobbin looked a much better player when he came on in the Chelsea game. It's not like we are getting crosses into the box for a traditional no.9 anyway.

So Rondon is now our only backup if DCL goes down injured? Good game time for Simms but we are THIN up there.
Perhaps Richarlison could get his chance at CF if that happens, seeing as we've now got Gray, Gordon, Townsend, El Ghazi and Dobbin for the wide positions

We've tried that before. As much as he loves it I personally think he's crap up top.
Yeah I agree he's not a focal-point, target-man type of CF but from what I saw, I think he's looked pretty decent when played at CF for Brazil (so maybe it's the system, which could change with the incoming manager)

Perhaps Richarlison could get his chance at CF if that happens, seeing as we've now got Gray, Gordon, Townsend, El Ghazi and Dobbin for the wide positions
Yeah, I'd go with that as well.
Main game in town until next season should be a prudent approach that avoids relegation.
Simms becomes more seasoned and most likely increases his value. We either get a better back up 9 or more money to buy someone else. Many loan deals are nonsensical but this one seems with the risk.

Newcastle signing ballers whilst we wasted millions on the Bolasies, Gomes & Toshuns of the world.

Cheers Walsh/Brands you idiots.

Really does put our scouting and transfer strategy to shame. Some may not come off but they are identifying some really good players and if they stay up that will continue in the summer and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.