Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Often incorrectly Everton always labeled a Catholic club yet were formed from at Domingo's Methodist Church, it's immaterial I was ribbed when I was young as being a Catholic - water of a ducks back if you know your history - the same should apply to politics imo....
The Catholic label had nothing to do with the club's origin. It became common to say they were a Catholic club after 1947/1948 and a few years after that when we signed a whole clutch of Southern Irish players, Farrell, O'Neill, Eglington, Donovan, Clinton. There may have been another but I forget.

The Catholic label had nothing to do with the club's origin. It became common to say they were a Catholic club after 1947/1948 and a few years after that when we signed a whole clutch of Southern Irish players, Farrell, O'Neill, Eglington, Donovan, Clinton. There may have been another but I forget.
At Domingo's church club where EFC originated from was a Methodist church - much later on the area had a large catholic community ,.....hence the false rumours we were a totally Catholic Cub which was never the case ......never like the Partizan following like Celtic & Rangers had thank goodness.......

Status
Not open for further replies.