Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands spent £55 million on Gomes, Gbamin & Delph!

And Iwobi cost £27 million and Silva mentioned they were looking at him all window so unless there is proof of Moshiri buying Iwobi its all conjecture.

All three missed the majority of that season with massive injuries.

It absolutely gutted Silva. The spine he’d built around Zouma and Gueye completely gone and no fit replacements for either player. Add in Mina missing a lot of games as well and it just became an absolute nightmare. We’ve still not replaced either. No dominant CB to partner Mina, no defensive midfielder in the squad.

I hope his professionalism and desire to win means he’s working as hard as he would at Chelsea for success. It’s a shame we have none of our own ex players to turn to if this is really the route we are going down. Shame that Cahill Neville Carsley aren’t more advanced in their coaching careers yet.

I hope his professionalism and desire to win means he’s working as hard as he would at Chelsea for success. It’s a shame we have none of our own ex players to turn to if this is really the route we are going down. Shame that Cahill Neville Carsley aren’t more advanced in their coaching careers yet.

Looks like Cahill is more suited to upstairs roles like DOF/technical director etc. I don't know if he is ready to do that for us, but I'm sure there are worse choices out there. We need a DOF urgently to plan for next summer's rebuild.

We had 2 chances mate - the summer we lost Rom we spent £150 million and largely wasted it.

Fast forward to Silva - now I wasnt Silva's biggest fan but we ended that season with a few good results including a 4-0 win against Utd.

We then lose Gana/Zouma and Brands spent £115 million and failured in replacing two of the best parts of the teams spine at the time and we struggled the season following.

The fans continue to miss the main reason why we are struggling - apparently Brands did a good job now its all Moshiri's fault he pissed so much money up the wall when 2 months back the very same fans were protesting AGAINST Brands!!! lol ?‍♂️

Afternoon Toffee, Moshiri thought Brands did a good job too because he gave him a 3 year contract extension, have a great day x

Looks like Cahill is more suited to upstairs roles like DOF/technical director etc. I don't know if he is ready to do that for us, but I'm sure there are worse choices out there. We need a DOF urgently to plan for next summer's rebuild.

I just think that if we are taking a punt on a recent ex player with limited experience, it’s a shame it has to be a Chelsea player. There’s no suitable Everton candidates though. Too early for Rooney and Carsley, Phil Neville doesn’t look good enough, Cahill not really in this space.

Knowing our luck he'll be absolutely brilliant and then be pinched to be England manager at the end of next season.

Afternoon Toffee, Moshiri thought Brands did a good job too because he gave him a 3 year contract extension, have a great day x

"Everton has extended the contract of Marcel Brands, the Club's Director of Football.

The new arrangement with Brands, who was appointed in June 2018 and became a member of the Club’s Board in January 2019, will see him remain at Everton for a further three years.

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “There hasn’t really been any doubt for some time that Marcel and I would sit down and agree a new contract."

"Everton has extended the contract of Marcel Brands, the Club's Director of Football.

The new arrangement with Brands, who was appointed in June 2018 and became a member of the Club’s Board in January 2019, will see him remain at Everton for a further three years.

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “There hasn’t really been any doubt for some time that Marcel and I would sit down and agree a new contract."

Yes, and who owns the club and is Bill's superior?

Lampard is a huge risk as his teams do not know how to defend
If the Board chooses him because of fan pressure they are commiting a huge mistake
He'll take us down

Status
Not open for further replies.