Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate saying this but every part of this just seems poor process beyond belief. I really think the fingerprints of a team that will eventually go down are all over the club at the moment. Not this season, maybe not the next one but the decision to not take this time to build a vision that extends past the immediate will bear fruit. That reality doesn't just rest on the soon to be manager, but the combination of no DoF involved, the names rumored, big exits looming on the squad and no sign of the board learning from past blunders, its just too much to overcome.

The "interview" process at this car crash of a club of ours is nuts, will there be a third interview if they're still unsure?Do they even realise transfer deadline day is Monday?,honestly thinking now Lampard may well turn us down, he has been available while this "process" has been taking place, it's clear this Pereira fella has been the owners first choice,I wouldn't be feeling great knowing that:oops:

If we've brought Dunc back into the mix with Pereira it sounds like we are trying to find ways NOT to appoint Lampard. Makes me think the club only wants a caretaker for now. If so it would not surprise me one bit if in 12 months time our manager is Roberto Martinez.
Since Lampard is the only one who has managerial experience in both the PL and the Championship I'd have thought appointing him would be seen as a clever move since we don't know what league we'll be playing in next season :)

If we've brought Dunc back into the mix with Pereira it sounds like we are trying to find ways NOT to appoint Lampard. Makes me think the club only wants a caretaker for now. If so it would not surprise me one bit if in 12 months time our manager is Roberto Martinez.
We only seemed to want Martinez as an interim too.

If we ARE still looking for an interim, I think it’ll be to appoint Rooney in the summer.

We only seemed to want Martinez as an interim too.

If we ARE still looking for an interim, I think it’ll be to appoint Rooney in the summer.
Not saying Martinez is, but Rooney is surely not such a standout candidate that we'd risk an inferior interim appointment to wait for. That would be madness, but then the whole situation is madness.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard sacks us off for messing him about. Pereira seems desperate for this job, but Lampard will get offered a decent prem job next month if he dosent take us on. Just sign him up and stop this embarrassing "process".
Agreed, I know hes desperate to get back in the game, but we are treating him a bit shoddy here and if he walked away I wouldnt blame him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard sacks us off for messing him about. Pereira seems desperate for this job, but Lampard will get offered a decent prem job next month if he dosent take us on. Just sign him up and stop this embarrassing "process".
If I was giving them credit for sensible planning I’d say that they think that Rooney has significant upside potential but they:

1) want to give him a bit more time to show that he’s not a complete flash in the pan
And
2) want to appoint a DoF in the meantime and make sure they’re happy with the appointment of Rooney.

But I might be giving the bananas too much credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.