Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney is doing the right thing. Would be very disloyal to leave Derby given the state they are in. At his age he has years to learn his trade. A lot of guys are getting overpromoted (Lampard) without proving anything.

For all his faults, and there might be loads of, I have to applaud the decision Rooney has taken in turning down the interview to stick with Derby.

I can respect him for his stand, irrespective of the fact that I belong firmly to the "meh" camp at his coming to Everton.

For whatever reasons, he definitely turned down a big cheque to stick with what could be an impossible task with Derby. Nice to see.

I thought Derby had no money. How can they afford to paying Rooney's high salary and have him turn down jobs that could save wages and give them compensation?

The lad is going a good job in difficult circumstances and is learning every week.

As it stands, he can’t lose… Get relegated and it’s due to ownership issues, stay up and he’s a Derby hero and could realistically pick any club outside the Top 6 to manage if a vacancy arises.

Why would he give that up to come to a club ALMOST as backwards as Derby where he’s likely to get the bullet at some point in the near future from our fruit loop of an owner and struggle to get another job at that level again.

Great decision from Rooney.

Yes, but in the summer. Let him finish his work at Derby first and leave Ferguson to the end of the season. We are not getting relegated, but I'd hate for Rooney to come in now and get turned on because of a few (inevitable) bad results. Give Rooney a clean slate in June, transfer budget (however modest) and a full pre-season training period.

Doing a great job with Derby and I think he'll make a good prem manager in the future, but says 'Ermm' far too much in interviews and it's annoying to listen to.

Realised he was 3rd or 4th on the list and turned down the interview rather than be publicly rejected.

PR play driven by his agent i assume. The more worrying thing is that there was a possibility he could get the job. The managerial options are a rogue's gallery.

He’s a disgrace

But im sure you'll be along in a minute to tell me how that word is reserved exclusively for rapists and mass murderers.
Lol Kev. Murderers and rapists are utter scum. Disgrace is a well rounded word for an adulterer. You're getting there though :D:D:D

Keeping on topic, I was never really fussed about Rooney. He either comes in and is a success, in which case everyone is eating out of the palm of his hand, or he loses his first couple of games and amazon runs out of pitchfork stock.

Not sure what Lamps will bring. He once played in Blue, so there's that. :coffee:

Truth be told, I'm exhausted supporting Everton. So much so, I can't even be arsed caring. It's proper hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.