Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as it will be to have a fully fit DCL leading the line, it won’t count for much of the defence concedes goals every game. It’s putting enormous pressure on our attacking players.

Couldn’t agree more. The defence being the way it is means we need both DCL and Richy on top form and sadly this year we haven’t even had one of those in top form

In the 90s, I felt the club was simply in a temporary trough and that if we could survive it, we'd prosper again. Now, I no longer fear relegation. We are not in a temporary trough. We have burned through half a billion and if we cannot stay above three sides as poor as Norwich, Watford, Burnley, and Brentford, then we shouldn't concern ourselves. We will have utterly deserved it.

Leeds are fighting, but they look vulnerable without Phillips anchoring midfield.

Their front four isn't going to be easy to deal with, though. They're all very quick and direct.

It's a must-win.

Weird one Leeds. Their back 4 and 2 midfielders look championship level on paper. Front 4 can cause you problems though.

That's the thing with the teams who've recently come up. Leeds, Norwich, Brentford and Watford are stacked with Championship players. Leeds at least have that good quality in attack. Even Burnley are full of Championship dross who Dyche has got a tune of over the years until it went stale.

How many Brentford, Watford or Norwich players would make our side? At least with Burnley you might take the centre halves but then their best defender was Michael Keane until we spent 20 mill on him.

Well I'm thinking that on balance results have been pretty favourable to us.
Wishful thinking I know, but with games in hand if we can get a bit of breathing space between us and Norwich it may settle a few nerves and set us up to move to safety

Leeds are fighting, but they look vulnerable without Phillips anchoring midfield.

Their front four isn't going to be easy to deal with, though. They're all very quick and direct.

It's a must-win.
We need our forwards to step up now. We know the defenders won't, but there will be plenty of chances for Richarlison and DCL against that Leeds side. They simply have to live up to their billing. No more excuses. We know the defenders are useless to a man. But Richarlison and DCL are held up as stars. Time to prove it.

Weird one Leeds. Their back 4 and 2 midfielders look championship level on paper. Front 4 can cause you problems though.

Leeds just hassle you all game and don’t give you a minute and they rely on their front 4 being able to make more out of chaotic situations than the team they are playing

We need our forwards to step up now. We know the defenders won't, but there will be plenty of chances for Richarlison and DCL against that Leeds side. They simply have to live up to their billing. No more excuses. We know the defenders are useless to a man. But Richarlison and DCL are held up as stars. Time to prove it.
It's all set up to be a high-scoring shootout, but as you say, Everton's big earners need to show their worth now.

One positive is that we're running out of defenders, so Lampard may end up having to jib five at the back.

Just had a quick glance at Everton Results and both 94 and 98 we had more wins by now. Some bad results some
good ones. I remember going to Bolton away first at the Reebok 0-0 Bolton will always say they would have stayed up if that goal had been given. Like after first 2 or 3 games

It's a must-win.

The big issue mate is, we don’t have any bite upfront and they’ve got bags of pace going forward.

Michael Keane, Coleman and potentially Townsend at the back against that pace terrifies me.

Status
Not open for further replies.