Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if we are, results wise, worser now than 94 or 98?
I don't remember ever a season like this were apart from the opening games it's mainly defeat after defeat after defeat.

We're very very lucky for those early wins. Our form is catastrophic. It's very much chickens coming home to roost
for the appalling way the club has been run.

I suppose you’d say that we got early wins against Southampton, Brighton and an away draw against Leeds with DCL in the team and I think he scored in all those games.

Now he is coming back, you’d like to think it gives us that threat up front and also an out ball from the back as Richy isn’t a target man/number 9 or at least not in that mould

I was wondering if we are, results wise, worser now than 94 or 98?
I don't remember ever a season like this were apart from the opening games it's mainly defeat after defeat after defeat.

We're very very lucky for those early wins. Our form is catastrophic. It's very much chickens coming home to roost
for the appalling way the club has been run.

The thing about 94 and 98, is that even though we weren’t very good, they all tried and cared and wanted to win, which meant you’d occasionally get a good run.

I remember 1997-98, we had a run of games after a last minute winner against Leicester where we beat Bolton, Chelsea and Crystal Palace. We drew with Arsenal, Beat Leeds and Blackburn, there was fight.

What this team is, I genuinely don’t know to be honest. There’s no effort, no passion, no chemistry, no anything positive really.

Lampard has a huge job on his hands.

The thing about 94 and 98, is that even though we weren’t very good, they all tried and cared and wanted to win, which meant you’d occasionally get a good run.

I remember 1997-98, we had a run of games after a last minute winner against Leicester where we beat Bolton, Chelsea and Crystal Palace. We drew with Arsenal, Beat Leeds and Blackburn, there was fight.

What this team is, I genuinely don’t know to be honest. There’s no effort, no passion, no chemistry, no anything positive really.

Christine

I suppose you’d say that we got early wins against Southampton, Brighton and an away draw against Leeds with DCL in the team and I think he scored in all those games.

Now he is coming back, you’d like to think it gives us that threat up front and also an out ball from the back as Richy isn’t a target man/number 9 or at least not in that mould
As good as it will be to have a fully fit DCL leading the line, it won’t count for much of the defence concedes goals every game. It’s putting enormous pressure on our attacking players.

Leeds & Villa sharing the points tonight definitely helps our case.

Massive 6 pointer on Saturday. If the lads can't get up for that one then we deserve to go down.

Weird one Leeds. Their back 4 and 2 midfielders look championship level on paper. Front 4 can cause you problems though.

We can't defend.
We have significant injuries to defenders.
We have no fighters in the team.
Seems like a horrible perfect storm.

Can we outscore teams to win games ? Seems like the only plan.

A group of absolute journeymen s—-houses is what they are.

Absolute state of this..
And some don’t think Benitez was the cause !!

2570E8CC-B3DE-437F-8F2F-E59D9B28B733.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.