Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id love Broja. And i wouldnt be averse to making a huge profit on selling Dom.
But do you think someone is going to stump up that kind of money for him with his current injury record?
Also replacing a centre forward who we have spent 5 years developing to make Broja our main centre forward to start that cycle again is abit nuts
I’m not saying we should do it but to be fair we wouldn’t really be starting the cycle again if we brought in Broja. He’s young but he’s a lot further down the line than DCL was at 20. He’s a full international and already got 9 goals this season, there’s no reason to think he’d be that far behind where DCL is next season if he keeps developing.

Well he’s not really got an injury record, Thos is his first really injury crisis since he broke into the team.

We’re in a bit of sticky situation financially, so something will have to give. And let’s be fair he’s scored 16 last season and 13 the season before, it’s not like we’re loosing Harry Kane.

And selling him and buying 3 players with the money, will surely make us a better team. Obviously if we get the purchases right
3 words for you Sandro, Sigurdsson, Rooney

I’m not saying we should do it but to be fair we wouldn’t really be starting the cycle again if we brought in Broja. He’s young but he’s a lot further down the line than DCL was at 20. He’s a full international and already got 9 goals this season, there’s no reason to think he’d be that far behind where DCL is next season if he keeps developing.
I'm not saying dont do it! Far from it!
I just wouldnt want him to be the direct out and out replacement we would have to rely on to replace Doms goals!
I also wouldnt want us to over stock that poisition with bits and bobs players, never really finding a solution (like we did with lukaku).
Its a thin line and a difficult strategy to replace goals. Hopefully the guys in charge have a plan

I'm not saying dont do it! Far from it!
I just wouldnt want him to be the direct out and out replacement we would have to rely on to replace Doms goals!
I also wouldnt want us to over stock that poisition with bits and bobs players, never really finding a solution (like we did with lukaku).
Its a thin line and a difficult strategy to replace goals. Hopefully the guys in charge have a plan
It's not really tbh, we need to be looking to spread the goals about the team more rather than rely on an individual such as DCL or Richarlison all the time. It's cost us in the past and most teams now seem to be moving away from 20 goal a season strikers and they spread the goals about and get goals from midfield to back up the forward line. I'm hoping we look to do this going forward.

Well he’s not really got an injury record, Thos is his first really injury crisis since he broke into the team.

We’re in a bit of sticky situation financially, so something will have to give. And let’s be fair he’s scored 16 last season and 13 the season before, it’s not like we’re loosing Harry Kane.

And selling him and buying 3 players with the money, will surely make us a better team. Obviously if we get the purchases right
I think you're right unfortunately. Would love to keep DCL but I can't see how we transform this squad without a big sale and he's the one that makes most sense. As you say, we have to get the replacement and further additions right though. We can't afford to mess it up.

If we survive relegation that is.

If we could bring in Gallagher, Broja and a centre back i would be very happy.
Broja & Gallagher i would say arent really atainible! We could try but there are 2 reasons.
1) Chelsea tend to give loaned out players a year with the first team before they move them on, it dosent affect there value and it avoids them making another De Bruyne/Lukaku mistake (think Tomori, Abraham, Zouma)

2) Broja & Gallacher have already built a rapore with other PL clubs.
Like it or not, choosing the team they are settled at and have a starting place is better career progression than a nuts under performing club like us. Think about how we managed to attract Lukaku despite interest elsewere! He knew us, knew what we were about and knew he would be a major player.
Gallagher & Broja's end game will not be Palace or Southampton! But it is a better stepping stone to an elite side than we would be!

Broja & Gallagher i would say arent really atainible! We could try but there are 2 reasons.
1) Chelsea tend to give loaned out players a year with the first team before they move them on, it dosent affect there value and it avoids them making another De Bruyne/Lukaku mistake (think Tomori, Abraham, Zouma)

2) Broja & Gallacher have already built a rapore with other PL clubs.
Like it or not, choosing the team they are settled at and have a starting place is better career progression than a nuts under performing club like us. Think about how we managed to attract Lukaku despite interest elsewere! He knew us, knew what we were about and knew he would be a major player.
Gallagher & Broja's end game will not be Palace or Southampton! But it is a better stepping stone to an elite side than we would be!

And Chelsea may be looking for cash in the summer so those players will be either be used for their first team if they sell someone, or used to raise funds.

Hoping lampard can use his Chelsea links to steal some of their academy products as they produce some serious looking talents in recent years

Wonder will he have Chelsea links anymore, will a new owner and presume management team care much if its Lampard or not.

Now Abramovich is on the way out I wonder if the staff there may be interested in a move.

As for the players, i think alot of them would be very keen to play under Lampard.

The players who are yet to break through like Broja, Gallagher could be 50/50 but the younger groups I imagine would be eager for a quick pathway under an idol.

Now Abramovich is on the way out I wonder if the staff there may be interested in a move.

As for the players, i think alot of them would be very keen to play under Lampard.

The players who are yet to break through like Broja, Gallagher could be 50/50 but the younger groups I imagine would be eager for a quick pathway under an idol.
Tuchel has already said that Gallagher has a place in the team for next season Zat so you can forget him tbh, Gilmour might be a better shout although I'm not 100% sold on him tbh. I don't know about Broja he defo looks good and Saints did try to make a move for him in the winter window but with the slight uncertainty over Lukaku/Werner they may want him back. There will be other young lads in the Chelsea youth setup that I'm sure the coaching team is aware of (they have plenty of players after all) so we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.