Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy back clauses are misleading. They depend on the player wanting to move back to his previous club on the conditions they offer, they are not binding (on the player). They only limit the current club to making the offer at the agreed buy-back terms, once the player turns it down it's open season.

Chelsea are relying more on draconian sell on % to recoup the value on young players who leave.

Surely the player would be able to agree to the buy back clause at the time the clause is devised? I find it hard to believe that release clauses are agreed between clubs whilst allowing the player to veto said agreement should they want to? If it does happen, it’s something that can be stopped by having the player agree to the clause at the time it’s agreed upon by the clubs.

Surely the player would be able to agree to the buy back clause at the time the clause is devised? I find it hard to believe that release clauses are agreed between clubs whilst allowing the player to veto said agreement should they want to? If it does happen, it’s something that can be stopped by having the player agree to the clause at the time it’s agreed upon by the clubs.

It's an illegal restriction of trade. Even if a numpty football player signed something to say they'd agreed to be employed by a paticular club in 3 yrs time it would be uninforceable. It's one of yer basic 'uman rights guv.

Buybacks are agreements made between clubs, not players.

It just gives first dibs at a set price if the player agrees to return and can agree personal terms.

You may remember a few years ago it was why those consortiums 'owning' players (or more bizzarely parts of them) were deemed illegal in most european countries.

It's an illegal restriction of trade. Even if a numpty football player signed something to say they'd agreed to be employed by a paticular club in 3 yrs time it would be uninforceable. It's one of yer basic 'uman rights guv.

Buybacks are agreements made between clubs, not players.

It just gives first dibs at a set price if the player agrees to return and can agree personal terms.

You may remember a few years ago it was why those consortiums 'owning' players (or more bizzarely parts of them) were deemed illegal in most european countries.

Not convinced. I don’t believe signing a contract that is time limited would be unenforceable. A player could agree to a 500 year contract if they wanted to.

That dual ownership issue continues to take place, it hasn’t been made illegal. There are just some sporting associations have made a rule against it being allowed within their own jurisdiction.

Nobody really knows but that is the rumoured clause. However it's a 2 year loan so it will be if they get champs league by the end of next season.
Would be strange to only agree to the 2nd year qualification. I’m sure they’re paying like 7 mil in loan fees over the next 2 seasons.
Hopefully they try and renegotiate this summer. And we can sell and get some money in this summer

Forward thinking clubs like Leicester would cash in on DCL in the summer for £65-75 millions and bring someone like Broja in leaving a few bob left over to bring in another 2-3 decent additions.
I honestly think this is a near necessity. The club is not stable, they have a massive amount of players who are simply expiring off our books or won't fetch any return either from poor form or contract length. All that means we are having very little funds generated, while having significant squad turnover in the next couple of years. While the squad is generally poor and extremely reliant on two or three players to begin with.

Personally Richarlison and Dom should be moved. Maybe Pickford. And that lump some needs to go over a plethora of additions in coming windows that align with the most recent youth signings and creates far less hyper reliance. The projects disjointed and unsustainable and the likely caveat for that to change is sales of our best players whose exits are looming anyway.

I honestly think this is a near necessity. The club is not stable, they have a massive amount of players who are simply expiring off our books or won't fetch any return either from poor form or contract length. All that means we are having very little funds generated, while having significant squad turnover in the next couple of years. While the squad is generally poor and extremely reliant on two or three players to begin with.

Personally Richarlison and Dom should be moved. Maybe Pickford. And that lump some needs to go over a plethora of additions in coming windows that align with the most recent youth signings and creates far less hyper reliance. The projects disjointed and unsustainable and the likely caveat for that to change is sales of our best players whose exits are looming anyway.
We need an experienced centre half

Forward thinking clubs like Leicester would cash in on DCL in the summer for £65-75 millions and bring someone like Broja in leaving a few bob left over to bring in another 2-3 decent additions.
Id love Broja. And i wouldnt be averse to making a huge profit on selling Dom.
But do you think someone is going to stump up that kind of money for him with his current injury record?
Also replacing a centre forward who we have spent 5 years developing to make Broja our main centre forward to start that cycle again is abit nuts

Id love Broja. And i wouldnt be averse to making a huge profit on selling Dom.
But do you think someone is going to stump up that kind of money for him with his current injury record?
Also replacing a centre forward who we have spent 5 years developing to make Broja our main centre forward to start that cycle again is abit nuts
Well he’s not really got an injury record, Thos is his first really injury crisis since he broke into the team.

We’re in a bit of sticky situation financially, so something will have to give. And let’s be fair he’s scored 16 last season and 13 the season before, it’s not like we’re loosing Harry Kane.

And selling him and buying 3 players with the money, will surely make us a better team. Obviously if we get the purchases right

Status
Not open for further replies.