Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping we can get on a little run like Newcastle have had to pull us away from the relegation zone. These next two are huge.
Up to now Frank has made a few mistakes, I hope he has learnt from them. Keane and Gomes are aw full, DCL has also been terrible, we have got players to win the up and coming games, but Frank really needs to find the right formula let’s hope he can.

Villa and Wolves games meant something to us, Newcastle’s didn’t they were more or less out of it before tonight. So not a stupid thing to say Imo.
More or less, means they weren’t. I would have wanted them to lose as to keep them as close as possible and below the 30 point mark. But each to there own.

Up to now Frank has made a few mistakes, I hope he has learnt from them. Keane and Gomes are aw full, DCL has also been terrible, we have got players to win the up and coming games, but Frank really needs to find the right formula let’s hope he can.
He is definitely going to have to get creative that is for sure. I believe we have the players as well like you said, so I'm hoping between him and the staff around him they can come up with something that will give us the best chance.

More or less, means they weren’t. I would have wanted them to lose as to keep them as close as possible and below the 30 point mark. But each to there own.
After there recent run they unfortunately were never going down, yes if they had lost they wouldn’t yet have been totally out of it, but they have shown enough about them and Tbh we all know they will be safe. The others are like us in poor form so we need to just be better than them. Games in hand help but point still have to be picked up.

We're so so lucky that Watford are so bad, and Burnley have lost their steel, and Norwich & Leeds have switched managers and lost form. It's the only thing that might save us. Well done Newcastle for pulling themselves out.

This is what I was hoping for, to reach 37 points, a sort of 'safe points total' (see below) . We needed an extra 15 points I thought, but maybe with the others so bad, we might only need 35.
In the middle there, a run of 6 games unbeaten. Very very tough, but I think it's the only way to be definitely safe.

• Man City - home L good result if we don't get battered - update: good game, uplifting maybe, but then the next one we did get battered!!
  • Spurs - away L

need a 6 match unbeaten streak - very hard!

• Wolves - home D
  • Newcastle - home W **
  • Watford - away D**
  • West Ham - away D**
  • Man U - home D
  • Palace - home W **

Imagine if 5 points out of the last 7 games still keeps us safe. Wow.

• RS - away L
  • Chelsea - home D**
  • Leicester - away L
  • Brentford - home W
  • Arsenal - away L
  • Burnley - away L
  • Leicester - home D

(Copied the fixture list from a @LouReedwalkonthewildside post last week)

From Premierleague.com:​

What history tells us

Since the league was cut to 20 teams in 1995/96, the average points required to avoid the drop has been much lower than 40.​
Over the past 23 seasons, the 18th-placed team, the highest to go down, have averaged 35.6 points.​
So, 36 points would have been enough to stay up on at least 11 occasions, as Southampton did in 2017/18.​
Teams with 37 points would have retained their Premier League status in 16 of the past 23 seasons.​

This is what I was hoping for, to reach 37 points. We need 15, and in the middle there, a run of 6 games unbeaten. Very very tough, but I think it's the only way.

• Man City - home L good result if we don't get battered - update: good game, uplifting maybe, but then the next one we did get battered!!
  • Spurs - away L

need a 6 match unbeaten streak - very hard!

• Wolves - home D
  • Newcastle - home W **
  • Watford - away D**
  • West Ham - away D**
  • Man U - home D
  • Palace - home W **

Imagine if 5 points out of the last 7 games still keeps us safe. Wow.

• RS - away L
  • Chelsea - home D**
  • Leicester - away L
  • Brentford - home W
  • Arsenal - away L
  • Burnley - away L
  • Leicester - home D

(Copied the fixture list from a @LouReedwalkonthewildside post last week)
Some of those games are winnable away, surely our away games have to improve soon, Burnley and Watford away we need to be looking to win those.

Status
Not open for further replies.