Pinpoint the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.

That has led to our potential relegation. If you have to choose just ONE decision/player sale/injury/game etc.

And this is aside from ‘appointing Benitez’ as clearly everyone would say that.

I’ll go for the failure to bring in a solid reliable central midfielder in the summer. Gomes, Delph and Gbamin should have been moved on and replaced with one decent Prem proven player.
Whilst understanding the wage argument, chasing James out has left us devoid of creativity. Think our record signing doing porridge is also up there.

For me its the way Moshiri went all out splashing the cash on Koeman thinking he was getting a "big name". It was the first real sign of the interference in the football side of things and bad decisions coming from that, including THAT transfer window, that has led us to this point. Like something we have watched from a distance at other badly run clubs, and i dont think we even realised it for some time. I didnt want Koeman at all but certainly didnt really notice the way we went for him at the time. It was comments later that made it clear Moshiri went all out, all based on some ludicrous image he had that a bang average manager was something that we could be happy about wrenching from another club and could display with pride beside Pep, Jose and that toothy clown. Eugh....

That has led to our potential relegation. If you have to choose just ONE decision/player sale/injury/game etc.

I’ll go for the failure to bring in a solid reliable central midfielder in the summer. Gomes, Delph and Gbamin should have been moved on and replaced with one decent Prem proven player.
I agree mate
Also needed 2 centre backs

Hounding out Allardyce after he finished eighth.

I don't like Big Sam much, but there was an overweening sense of entitlement and self-indulgence in sacking a manager who had finished in upper mid-table. The only excuse would have been if we were going to replace him with a Carlo Ancelotti - but we replaced him with Marco Silva, who was clearly out of his depth.

Of course, we eventually did appoint Ancelotti - so the real moment of our relegation was the day he decided to call Real Madrid and "enquire" about the vacancy there... But the Big Sam bashfest presaged the Benitez bashfest and showed that a significant section of our fanbase were not prepared to give certain managers any kind of fair chance. Which is fine - but it is self-indulgent. That self-indulgence has now led to a situation where our equally self-indulgent hapless owner has now appointed a novice manager with no serious credentials in the midst of a relegation battle. His appointment was cheerled by a significant section of the aforementioned fanbase, with nary a thought to the man's credentials. Just feel the glamour.

One bad decision after another...and now we are in our death spiral.

All of this, of course, assumes that Moshiri was a liability that had to be managed. That we haven't managed him is on us - but the seeds of our downfall are on him and the pest who brought him to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.